Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange happenings

Reaction score
Today I was flying my Q, a little more windy than usual, above the trees. Everything was flying great til I brought it home. It was behind some trees, but probably 250 ft up so I hit Home. Came back with no problems. Once it was in sight, I changed back to angle and started reducing altitude. When it was directly above and at 30 ft alt it just stopped. Wouldn't go up or down, left,right, etc. Every now and then it would move then move back. Had no choice but wait til battery dropped and she finally started reducing alt. to land. Nice soft landing so no crash. The problem is now it won't reconnect. Checked flight log and only error I saw was a compass calibration. But now the calibration selection isn't found on ST12.. tried rebinding. Got orange blink, hit bind, showed connected on Q and camera. But the blue light still blinking. Even GUI won't connect. Any suggestions? Hope I was clear enough.

Do a factory reset in the System Settings. Then rebind to the Q and the camera.

Any suggestions?

Since both controller and GPS seem affected, it could be as simple as corrosion on one of the connectors between the Q500 4K mainboard and everything else. If you take the top shell off, you would want to clean all of them, but the most suspect are circled in red on the following images. (If yours is not a 4K, there is only one connector.)

.connector.jpg connector-2.jpg

Did you read the telemetry data? It may give you a clue.
All I could find in the flight logs it showed a compass calibration error, but only for a very short time then went away.
I'll try to get the file to this phone so I can share with others eyes. It's quite possible that I may overlook something considering I'm still learning how to read them

All I could find in the flight logs it showed a compass calibration error, but only for a very short time then went away.
I'll try to get the file to this phone so I can share with others eyes. It's quite possible that I may overlook something considering I'm still learning how to read them
I know the file name has to be changed. I’m not too familiar with the process, however, there are a few here that are experts at telemetry I’m sure they will help you

You're gonna hate this, but it sounds like time to run the "Binding Verification" checklist. It may provide a clue that we can pursue. It was written for an ST10+, but will work with your ST12.

Binding Verification - ST10+ / Q500
Went through the verification . Everything good down to line 50 , no beep for bind initialization. Left wing light flashing 1/sec, rear LED flashing orange. Will try the Q with the ST10 I have elsewhere and the ST12 WITH THE other Q before disassembly and cleaning. Just strange that it happened during a routine flight. Can I DL just the last 2 flightlogs and UL here?

Ok, upon further investigation, turns out being the ST12 NOT THE Q500. Q in question(named DN 4K bound to the ST10+, BUT NOT THE St 12. WITH AND WITHOUT THE CGO3. THE Other Q(named Phoenix 4K) would NOT bind to the 12 but flew great on the 10+. So next question being what in the ground station could keep the drones from binding? Añy suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hoping to be able to upload the flight logs later after I get home. Sort of a relief it's not the drone, but I'm blind in the ground station.

Ok, upon further investigation, turns out being the ST12 NOT THE Q500. Q in question(named DN 4K bound to the ST10+, BUT NOT THE St 12. WITH AND WITHOUT THE CGO3. THE Other Q(named Phoenix 4K) would NOT bind to the 12 but flew great on the 10+. So next question being what in the ground station could keep the drones from binding? Añy suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Forgot to say the rear light changed from orange to a blue. 3 quick blues, I think. So I'm guessing it did bind but won't initalize on 12.

Yeah, I would start by unplugging everything connected to the WiFi board, cleaning them, and plugging back in. Chief suspects are the WiFi board, the antenna connectors, wires, etc.
What did you mean by "but I'm blind in the ground station"? Is the camera not working with the ST10?

It surprised me that it turned out to be the controller. It is good you checked using an alternate controller / drone combination. I was writing up an explanation of how the main components work together, and a way I re-created your symptoms by disconnecting a wire in the harness to simulate corrosion. I might add it later just for info, but for now, we need to address your remaining issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33