Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strange Range Issue

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to post a thread that wasn't in a previous thread issue that I saw here regarding range because I think my issue is different. In that thread people were complaining about a 2500 foot distance in range. I think I would be satisfied with that actually but I don't know if I inadvertently changed a setting or what but I notice when my remote is connecting to the typhoon H that it also says connecting Wi-Fi. And coincidentally with that I also noticed that my range is suddenly iffy at a very close distance. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not certain that I should have a Wi-Fi connection. Thanks ahead guys

You should also post a copy of your flight log directory. This is more important in your case because you have recently seen an observable CHANGE in the system performance. We will not be able to see changes in the camera WiFi, but there may be some clues in other areas that ARE recorded.

You should also identify what drone and camera you are asking about, and ask a moderator to move this thread into a sub-forum more likely to get the attention you need.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The poorest signal is when the H is directly above you. As you move further away the signal strength increases. As the distance increases past 300' the signal will start to decrease again.

. . . coincidentally with that I also noticed that my range is suddenly iffy at a very close distance.

Can you explain this a little better? Do you mean the controller disconnects from the aircraft or the picture on the ST-16 is bad? If picture, what antenna are you using?

Can you explain this a little better? Do you mean the controller disconnects from the aircraft or the picture on the ST-16 is bad? If picture, what antenna are you using?

Sure. One, I would ask whether this should be connecting via wifi. But what I'm saying is I have lost complete control of all movement until it reconnects. The distance yesterday was probably about 300 ft (maybe 50 ft off ground and about 300ft to my front). Today, a bit higher but roughly same distance away, 300-400ft. The camera just sticks on last image but controls seem to have no effect until it reconnects

In my opinion, I feel like it is using a wifi rather than a radio connection or something of that nature. I most definitely have gone further than this before.

Eric

The poorest signal is when the H is directly above you. As you move further away the signal strength increases. As the distance increases past 300' the signal will start to decrease again.

Am I reading this correctly? 300'?

Two different WiFi systems are in play. The Camera Wifi is carrying the image. The Drone Wifi is sending the control. It could be moving via the control, but you can't see it until the image comes back.

You should also post a copy of your flight log directory. This is more important in your case because you have recently seen an observable CHANGE in the system performance. We will not be able to see changes in the camera WiFi, but there may be some clues in other areas that ARE recorded.

You should also identify what drone and camera you are asking about, and ask a moderator to move this thread into a sub-forum more likely to get the attention you need.

Apologies. I've never even looked at the flight log before. I tend to fly here and there and have never had any reason I guess to look at the log. Is it just stored on the SD card as a matter of course or accessed in some other fashion?

I guess I also guilty of thinking the typhoon H is mostly the same. I'd have to check the camera. It is the 4k camera.

Eric

Two different WiFi systems are in play. The Camera Wifi is carrying the image. The Drone Wifi is sending the control. It could be moving via the control, but you can't see it until the image comes back.

Ah thanks. Well I usually want to go straight up to regain visibility so seem unsuccessful but you mostly certainly be right because as I'm trying get the camera back on, it tends to be in a different location.

I just dont recall have camera disconnects in the past.

Eric

Here is my remote.

Attachments

• 1566756009009224058627490369425.jpg
    1566756009009224058627490369425.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
The flightlogs are stored in the ST16. Turn on the ST16, connect the USB charging cable to the ST16 and to the computer. The ST16 will appear as a new drive. Go to the Flightlog folder, then telemetry.

Files on ST16.jpg

Last edited:
The flightlogs are stored in the ST16. Turn on the H, connect the USB charging cable to the bottom of the H and to the computer. The H will appear as a new drive. Go to the Flightlog folder, then telemetry.

View attachment 18221
Thanks. For clarity, I'm turning on the ST16 not the actual drone, correct? The reason I ask is that you said it's stored in the ST 16, but I'm connecting to the H?
Thanks

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks. For clarity, I'm turning on the ST16 not the actual drone, correct? The reason I ask is that you said it's stored in the ST 16, but I'm connecting to the H?

Update. I'm trying to interpret this but nothing is ever that straight forward or seems. So clearly not connected just to the ST16. Found that out.

The alternative isn't working either. I've powered the ST 16, then powered the H, then hooked the H via USB to the PC. Besides rhe incessant beeping, it doesnt show up at all as an external drive.

Is there something missing here?

Thanks
Eric

Thanks

The flightlogs are stored in the ST16. Turn on the H, connect the USB charging cable to the bottom of the H and to the computer. The H will appear as a new drive. Go to the Flightlog folder, then telemetry.

View attachment 18221

Ok, figured this out. I was confused by the "turn on the H". So, it's just the ST 16 and for those who may not know, a tablet may not have adequate power to even USE the USB source but my desk top is good. SO, attached are these flight logs in CSV format and now as I'm typing it looks like this site won't even accept the logs.

What now?

thanks
Eric

Zip up the ENTIRE flight log directory, and upload the zip file. The CSV version won't work for review anyway.
Zip up the ENTIRE flight log directory, and upload the zip file. The CSV version won't work for review anyway.

Thanks. Is there a way for me to open and look and if so, what am I looking for? I'm about to give up here on this file thing. I've zipped and the site doesn't allow a zip extension either.

Eric

You should have a connection with the camera’s WiFI and no other.

There's been a lot of back and forth on this issue but what I'm really curious about is, is this common to have camera disconnects when previously, I did not, and second, what is the common problem?

I was surprised this late summer to not see any software updates to the drone or remote, particularly after the painful start to last year.

Eric

Eric, the Flightlog files can only be read by a program designed by one of our members, if you try to look at it it will not make sense. Some on here have a lot of experience reading the different columns which is why it has been asked to upload them here.

So your bird used to have good range and then for some reason it began to have very little range? Any chance you've had the controller on without the antennas? This can cause damage, not saying you did but it is just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval