Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Strobe Lights

Reaction score
I would like to pass on some information about fitting strobe lights as I have not seen any contributions here.
I found that the Yuneec 4k being Black it was sometimes difficult to see at distance against trees.
It is ok up against White clouds but not Trees and other darker objects in the background.
With this in mind I added some strobe lights which can be seen up to 3 kilometers away and I found them to be of great help and here in Australia we get a lot of bright sunny days and against Blue skies it is still visible so it has been of great help.
I attached one strobe (White) on the nose and one (Red) under the belly in the middle as can be seen by photos attached and run an independent battery supply also attached under the belly in the middle so CG is not affected.
The battery supply is a container with a switch containing 4 AAA Lithium batteries (which are lighter in weight than normal batteries) which supplies both strobes and these will last for ages.
I bought the strobes from www.flytron.com I am extremely happy with it and am fitting them to all aircraft.
Cheers

Attachments

• P1010159.JPG
    P1010159.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 63
  • P1010167.JPG
    P1010167.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 59
  • P1010183.JPG
    P1010183.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 63
  • P1010184.JPG
    P1010184.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: Lonestar
I would like to pass on some information about fitting strobe lights as I have not seen any contributions here.
I found that the Yuneec 4k being Black it was sometimes difficult to see at distance against trees.
It is ok up against White clouds but not Trees and other darker objects in the background.
With this in mind I added some strobe lights which can be seen up to 3 kilometers away and I found them to be of great help and here in Australia we get a lot of bright sunny days and against Blue skies it is still visible so it has been of great help.
I attached one strobe (White) on the nose and one (Red) under the belly in the middle as can be seen by photos attached and run an independent battery supply also attached under the belly in the middle so CG is not affected.
The battery supply is a container with a switch containing 4 AAA Lithium batteries (which are lighter in weight than normal batteries) which supplies both strobes and these will last for ages.
I bought the strobes from www.flytron.com I am extremely happy with it and am fitting them to all aircraft.
Cheers

yeah i made my own strobing navigation lights from flytrons units for night time flying mainly and boy are they bright lol. Made mine slightly different by using button battery units and mounting them under the aircraft

Hi Air Pauly, I had not thought of button batteries, how long would they last I think some time as these strobe do not take much energy.
Good to see you have them and you would also see the benefits in the air. (they are very bright it's amazing for such
a small bulb)
Cheers, JV

Hi, Thanks for that your system is much better than mine and I will look into that, might change mine.
Cheers, JV

yes, i put lights on mine too, kept losing visual when flying in canyons (just blink and its gone), the **** thing blends right in with the desert hills. I got a 4 light super bright LED setup took two of them off the board and velcroed them to either side of the nose, the board and 2 remaining lights were attached with velcro to the belly , and i used the power port on the Q to run the lights. the lights have a small processor which gives about 8 different options, and cycles thru each time you press the button, plus it remembers your last setting. Probably not as bright as the strobes, but it sure has made it easier to see the Q with a cluttered background. costs about 2 minutes of flight time when all 4 are set to full bright.

Attachments

• JKF8497.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval