Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

sys_autoconfig

Reaction score
Hello, H520 with E90 all updates have been made. ST16S rear shell disassembled for cleaning stick connectors and reassembly without problem. but the camera no longer rises to 90° varies with the slider 18 of the ST16 from 70° to 90°.
Unable to restore factory settings. alert message (already appeared when the drone does not want to arm)
"Parameter write flawed veh:1 comp:1 param: SYS_AUTOCONFIG"
Should I upload a sane similar file? where to find it? where to install it (ST16 card or E90 card)? thank you

Power just the drone and camera. Does the camera initialize and the gimbal position the camera level and facing straight forward?

It sounds like you need to do a proper calibration of the ST16S. Check your sticks, switches, sliders, and buttons in the RC monitor and clean if necessary. Once all is functioning correctly in RC monitor then go to the calibration menu for the ST16S. The most important thing in the first portion is insuring you center the sliders and sticks after moving them through full range.

Last edited:
From your reply it confirms that the ST16S has the problem.

When you are in the RC Monitor does the Tilt Slider (K2?) show full movement? Do you get the beep for center position when the slider is centered?

This is the only video I could find showing the procedure for calibrating the ST16S for the H520. Important to center the sticks and Pan Knob, Tilt Slider, and Rate slider before exiting each portion of the calibration.

This is a message from PX4 Autopilot (the drone FW). According to parameter reference:
Code:
Automatically configure default values
Comment: Set to 1 to reset parameters on next system startup (setting defaults). Platform-specific values are used if available. RC* parameters are preserved.
Values:
0: Keep parameters
1: Reset parameters
2: Reload airframe parameters
This sounds not good when setting default parameter fails. I am not so familiar with H520, but with other PX4drones that using QGroundControl it's possible to save and load parameter files. H520 has something similar like QGroundControl but with reduces functionality. I would start there to look what happened.

A lot of system messages and a part of the settings are stores in the TLOG files on ST16S. Would be good to have a look on it. The ULOG files from the drone have a lot more information (.ulg). This one can be inspected here: Flight Review

br HE

I started the whole procedure again, step by step.
Paying close attention to the placement of the cursors on restart.
Everything is fine, the operation is compliant.
I will therefore be able to look at HE's suggestions by taking my time.
Thank you.

I started the whole procedure again, step by step.
Paying close attention to the placement of the cursors on restart.
Everything is fine, the operation is compliant.
I will therefore be able to look at HE's suggestions by taking my time.
Thank you.
So did the calibration fix the issue with the camera tilt?

Are you still getting the sys_autoconfig message?

Reactions: WTFDproject
So did the calibration fix the issue with the camera tilt?

Are you still getting the sys_autoconfig message?
Yes, a new calibration solved the problem.
For the sys_autoconfig, I had this message before, which then disappeared.
As, for now, the drone is flying well, I'm just keeping an eye out for the next time it reappears.

Yes, a new calibration solved the problem.
For the sys_autoconfig, I had this message before, which then disappeared.
As, for now, the drone is flying well, I'm just keeping an eye out for the next time it reappears.
If something's not working properly - i.e. in full range - calibration is always the first solution and works in 95% of cases :)

Reactions: FR MD PHB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop