Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TELEMETRY READING ANY HELP PLEASE

@KEITH KUHN
My father-n-law had macular degeneration, so I understand your sight issues. My concern is if you cannot read very well how are you able to interpret what is on the ST16, and how are you able to see the H at a distance. Being a former pilot my concern is you could pose a danger to the public. In other words you shouldn't be flying in your condition. Please be mindful of your condition and think about safety to the public and yourself.

@KEITH KUHN
My father-n-law had macular degeneration, so I understand your sight issues. My concern is if you cannot read very well how are you able to interpret what is on the ST16, and how are you able to see the H at a distance. Being a former pilot my concern is you could pose a danger to the public. In other words you shouldn't be flying in your condition. Please be mindful of your condition and think about safety to the public and yourself.
Years ago (and I mean bloody years ago) I knew a bloke who was almost completely blind. He carried on working as a painter & decorator...I kid you not...and to top it off he insisted on continuing to drive his van to his jobs. He was eventually killed when a tree got blown down onto his van in a strong wind...which could have happened to anyone. The police couldn't believe he was still driving by that time.

Reactions: AH-1G
HI KEITH,

I KNOW, I'M LATE, BUT I COULN'T FOLLOW THIS THREAT COMPLETLY, IT WENT FORTH AND BACK.
WHAT YUNEEC SAID? DID YOU GET A NEW DRONE?

FROM FLIGHTLOG THE SCENARIO WAS AS FOLLOWS:
- START AT 11:34:47
- COMPASS CALIRATION ERRORS START AT 11:34:53 NEAR TAKE OFF (NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRIDGE)
- GPS LOST 11:35:03 ATHOUGH THE GPS ACCURACY WAS GOOD. I GUESS, THE COMPASS WAS THE REASON.
- 11:35:19 THE TYPHOON H DECIDES TO PROCESS AN EMERGENCY LANDING (WRONG PLACE).

THE GPS TRACK HAS A LOT OF JUMPS IN, SO I DO NOT THRUST ALL THE COORDINATES. IT LOOKS GOOD AS LONG THE COMPASS WAS GOOD (TILL ALABAMA AVE).
FOR ME, THIS LOOKS LIKE A HW_FAULT.

br HE

HI KEITH,

I KNOW, I'M LATE, BUT I COULN'T FOLLOW THIS THREAT COMPLETLY, IT WENT FORTH AND BACK.
WHAT YUNEEC SAID? DID YOU GET A NEW DRONE?

FROM FLIGHTLOG THE SCENARIO WAS AS FOLLOWS:
- START AT 11:34:47
- COMPASS CALIRATION ERRORS START AT 11:34:53 NEAR TAKE OFF (NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRIDGE)
- GPS LOST 11:35:03 ATHOUGH THE GPS ACCURACY WAS GOOD. I GUESS, THE COMPASS WAS THE REASON.
- 11:35:19 THE TYPHOON H DECIDES TO PROCESS AN EMERGENCY LANDING (WRONG PLACE).

THE GPS TRACK HAS A LOT OF JUMPS IN, SO I DO NOT THRUST ALL THE COORDINATES. IT LOOKS GOOD AS LONG THE COMPASS WAS GOOD (TILL ALABAMA AVE).
FOR ME, THIS LOOKS LIKE A HW_FAULT.

br HE
Hello Keith Kuhn here
I am still waiting yuneec decision whether or not they will replace the Drone,
I appreciate you reading the telemetry. The Fly Away happened so fast I did not have time to do much of anything. After I realized it was not coming back and I had no control of the Drone whatsoever. I did hit return to home, with no results. I even shut the controller off and turned it back on hoping to reconnect.
No luck as you know. I proceeded to go looking for the Drone with no results.
Until Steve made the map for me of where it went down I would not have had a clue where it landed.
I have been in touch with yuneec and there's CS team I will be patient and continue to see what they have to say.
I will keep you posted.
cleardot.gif

I WOULD LIKE TO PRAISE ALL OF THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE POSTED TO THIS THREAD THAT @KEITH KUHN CREATED. HELPING KEITH SEE THESE POSTS EASIER SHOWS WHAT THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT. BEING KIND, HELPING, AND UNDERSTANDING. YOU ALL SHOULD BE PROUD FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AND RESPONDING IN SUCH FOR HIS QUESTIONS.

I WOULD LIKE TO PRAISE ALL OF THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE POSTED TO THIS THREAD THAT @KEITH KUHN CREATED. HELPING KEITH SEE THESE POSTS EASIER SHOWS WHAT THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT. BEING KIND, HELPING, AND UNDERSTANDING. YOU ALL SHOULD BE PROUD FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AND RESPONDING IN SUCH FOR HIS QUESTIONS.

I also think Keith has started using an app or software for reading and writing posts. His more recent posting have been with normal posting procedures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidjones4