Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing Internal Resistance of the Battery

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This method works for the Tenergy 5-in-1 battery meter. Make sure it lists IR testing in the description. Older models did not have the IR feature.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
Has anyone tested that meter to see how accurate it is?

I use a charger that displays IR for each cell.
BTW - that pack, displaying 15% capacity has been over discharged. Doing so too often will result in premature death of the pack. 20% is the target minimum.

Has anyone tested that meter to see how accurate it is?
Did watch a video on YouTube yesterday, whete they reviewed about a dozen chargers, against a calibrated tester, and the differences were quite a lot.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I ran multiple checks with several batteries looking at repeatability. The numbers seem to vary but never more that 2 digits. For an inexpensive device I would call the repeatability very good. But that doesn't mean it is accurate.

I ran multiple checks with several batteries looking at repeatability. The numbers seem to vary but never more that 2 digits. For an inexpensive device I would call the repeatability very good. But that doesn't mean it is accurate.
It's s good reference, when out in the field. And also when your out and your not sure what batteries are used or not if you don't have the slider indicator.

I have one of the older versions. I use it to double check pack status before use. I track IR while charging and use a spreadsheet to track pack use and health. This type of meter should not be used to do much else since it does not place a load on the pack.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have eight batteries and when finished flying, I turn the battery face down, knowing these have been used.

I do something similar, but inevitably I move something around and forget what is which. I keep thinking I should get those cool little battery status doodads Hobby King and others sell that lets your show a green or red color for charge/used. Waiting for Home Depot to get more Roundtoits in stock so I can do that.

I know I should do my own research but what kind of numbers are good/average when checking IR on our H batteries?

I do something similar, but inevitably I move something around and forget what is which. I keep thinking I should get those cool little battery status doodads Hobby King and others sell that lets your show a green or red color for charge/used. Waiting for Home Depot to get more Roundtoits in stock so I can do that.

I have been very happy with the Turnigy Charge Markers...

Turnigy Charge Markers

There are others out there, but these stick well... and they have 3 status modes...

Fully Green - Charged ... Fully Red - Drained ... ½ Green / ½ Red - Storage Charged

I have been very happy with the Turnigy Charge Markers...

Turnigy Charge Markers

There are others out there, but these stick well... and they have 3 status modes...

Fully Green - Charged ... Fully Red - Drained ... ½ Green / ½ Red - Storage Charged
I like the concept and not expensive but where would attach on our Yuneec batteries?
The rear/latch is about the only location.

Right on the latch, but also I placed mine on the inside of the cover... if placed correctly, it will still close flush.

I have eight batteries and when finished flying, I turn the battery face down, knowing these have been used.

Hello guys if you are using more than one battery. Then you should put from 1 to 10 on each battery another doors if you use them more than one battery mock each battery by numbers. Once you finish each battery then you know which one was used.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval