Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thank you, Vertigo Drones!

Reaction score
The left joystick on my ST16 was acting very strange for the rudder control. It would sometimes react normally while watching the response in hardware monitor but usually would only achieve 50 to 75 percent at full stick. I tried to resolve this through Yuneec as it is still under warranty but was very disappointed after getting the two hour estimated response when contacting by phone and an endless chain of auto response emails. The only vendor I could find to purchase an OEM joystick for my ST16 was Vertigo Drones. Shipping included at just under 20 dollars with good communication and quick response, I could not ask for more. Thanks to Vertigo Drones I am flying again in less than one week.

Glad you have it back in the air. Most problems with the sticks or sliders can be fixed by opening up the controller and spaying electrical contact cleaner (the type that is safe for plastic) on the pot and moving the stick at the same time. It's common for these to get some oxidation on the contacts causing the problem you describe.

IMG_0016.JPG
Glad you have it back in the air. Most problems with the sticks or sliders can be fixed by opening up the controller and spaying electrical contact cleaner (the type that is safe for plastic) on the pot and moving the stick at the same time. It's common for these to get some oxidation on the contacts causing the problem you describe.

I thought of cleaning the contacts as well. I don't think the contacts are accessible on this stick. The contacts appear to be inside the small module attached to the shafts. (pic attached) I asked Yuneec about cleaning the contacts but the only response was from an auto responder and did not answer any of my questions.

Wow! Here I have been planning a Yuneec purchase with one of the reasons being because of their customer service. Now I am seeing reports that Yuneec is no better than DJI. Where do I go to from here?

Reactions: Steve Carr
@Hootz I think you can still get the cleaner to penetrate to the contacts in the pot. I know a few people have done it successfully. I have done it with the ST10 and it worked perfectly. I doubt that any customer service tech would tell you to clean them. They prefer to change parts. It's what they're trained to do.

Wow! Here I have been planning a Yuneec purchase with one of the reasons being because of their customer service. Now I am seeing reports that Yuneec is no better than DJI. Where do I go to from here?
Customer service can be hit and miss but overall I see many more satisfied users than unhappy ones. It would have to get much worse in order to match the competition. A decision to buy any machine is based on lots or factors. That's a personal call which only you can make.

Last edited:
@Steve Carr: It is the same stick as the ST10 so the contacts should be able to be cleaned on the pots. With just a few hours (less than 10) on this controller it was worth the 20 dollar investment to give me some peace of mind I would not continue to have trouble in the future.
@djkelly57: I am sorry to admit that it seems as if customer service is slipping at Yuneec. When I read of the layoffs earlier this year I was suspicious; I was never able to make contact with anyone to address my recent issue. I tried via telephone and got the suggested wait time of two hours. I sent an email and got three auto responses, with three days in between each response. The last response from them was to send them the required information for registration. I sent that information back and got a response that the email from me was received; I never heard from them again. I only hope I never need any warranty service in the future. Still really enjoy flying my Typhoon H but it seems it is up to personal choice when deciding on Yuneec vs. competitors

I agree. Twenty bucks for a stick is a good. I mention the cleaning simply as a way to get back in the air quickly. The sticks can get oxidation just sitting on the shelf and you never know how long this one was doing just that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater