Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The beginning of the decline

Reaction score
I was looking thru my brand new Q500 4K box last night for the neck strap and tweezers that I have seen and read about. I did not find them, so I callled customer service. Nice guy on the phone told me that "the higher ups don't think that those items, as well as the lens filters are nessesary anymore." But I can buy them if I want...
What a load of crap! What would amount to no more than $3 for all that stuff for the company and they want to cheap out on the customer? hmmmm, I am well under my 30 day return limit for BestBuy...maybe I am looking at the wrong company for my quad copter purchase. And why can't I buy an extended coverage plan theu BestBuy for this machine??? BestBuy says it is because Yuneec says NO! Alarms are going off in my head.
What you guys think????

Do you really want to know what we think? To put it politely how much did your 4K cost? A lot of us paid a **** of lot higher price than they are selling for now. Maybe you would rather pay the $1499.00 a lot of us paid a year ago to get the neck strap, lens cover, and tweezers?
Does anyone buy those extended service plans for a drone? how the heck do you warranty stupidity? I should know I've flown mine too close to a tree for the last time. Well maybe my stupidity will kick in again and I'll get too close #*$^#%
Yuneek is awesome! there are NO alarms going off in my head. ;-)

good for you...sorry you got jacked on the price. I always wait and let people like you beta test new products for me...then I buy them, I am what you call a SMART CONSUMER. Aside from that,
I just see so many flyaway incidents on this forum, so many calibration problems, so many ESC mishaps...and I think to myself...do I need that kind of hassle when I am trying to fly and film? I have also seen Youtube videos of strange errors and the complex blinking lights that tell you whats not working on the aircraft...why not just have that info on screen? Who can see a little light blinking in day light from 30 feet away?? And by the way, I don't always think its stupidity that wrecks these machines. Sometimes it is due to things like GPS failure, props that fall off, and controllers that have weak signals. The extended coverage keeps guys like me from paying another $900 (sorry to rub that in) if our new aircraft decides to take a little autonomous journey of its own.
In anycase I just think its a dick move to discontinue sending out a strap to hold onto the remote. It is such an inexpensive accessory for them to stop providing...and don't even get me started on why the heck I need tweezers lol.
I am packing it up tonight, back to BestBuy...Just ordered the DJI 4 for what you claim to have paid for the Q500.
Ouch!

I didn't pay that much either, I waited until they were $1149. I did a lot of research online and everything I was seeing was the DGI was more expensive for less of a camera. (No 4K) Plus the tech support for DGI was non-existent from what I saw at the time. That is why I went with the Yuneec 4K The DGI is a faster Drone from what I hear. You are getting a Go Pro 4K with it I assume? I think if I were to do it again I would look hard at a DGI. I think DGI and Yuneec will be going back and forth trying to get a leg up on the other for a long time. (Like NVidia and ATI video cards) Well at least you can return the product to them and pay for the service plan on the DGI right? I called Yuneec and they are going to fix my Drone I'm glad for that, They were great to visit with 6 month fix it for free can't complain about that.

Reactions: Fleamac
The people have always been nice when I call customer service.
I am hoping that with DJI I wont need tech support...hope yours comes back ready to go.
And yes I already have the GoPro 4K camera...

Reactions: Ted Forepaugh
I was looking thru my brand new Q500 4K box last night for the neck strap and tweezers that I have seen and read about. I did not find them, so I callled customer service. Nice guy on the phone told me that "the higher ups don't think that those items, as well as the lens filters are nessesary anymore." But I can buy them if I want...
What a load of crap! What would amount to no more than $3 for all that stuff for the company and they want to cheap out on the customer? hmmmm, I am well under my 30 day return limit for BestBuy...maybe I am looking at the wrong company for my quad copter purchase. And why can't I buy an extended coverage plan theu BestBuy for this machine??? BestBuy says it is because Yuneec says NO! Alarms are going off in my head.
What you guys think????

Wow waaaaaaaay to much drama for a neck strap & tweezers. The tweezers are no longer needed for the new Qs thats why they're no longer included. If you look at the list of what's included in the case you will see they're not included. What happens when your DJI doesn't come with a neck strap & tweezers; take it back and go with somebody else. Sounds like you never got past the neck strap & tweezers to actually see how the Q flies, you just relied on other negative opinions, but I guarantee you the majority of people on the forum will tell you how much they love their Q. I wonder if something happens to your DJI will you get a nice guy like the one from Yuneec.

Forgive me for being straight forward but it irks me when people don't do their research, you could have easily joined the sight first like most people do and asked all the necessary questions that would have convinced you to either buy or reject buying one, instead of coming on the forum and bashing Yuneec. Yuneec Rocks!!!!

The people have always been nice when I call customer service.
I am hoping that with DJI I wont need tech support...hope yours comes back ready to go.
And yes I already have the GoPro 4K camera...

Please do come back over here to this thread and tell us how much you like your New P4. I really would love to hear about it.

BTW, The Filter, Tweezers and Neck Strap that I got with my Typhoon 4k I would have gladly gave to you since I don't use any of them like most who got them in their kit. And I also bought before the price drop.

Please do come back over here to this thread and tell us how much you like your New P4. I really would love to hear about it.

BTW, The Filter, Tweezers and Neck Strap that I got with my Typhoon 4k I would have gladly gave to you since I don't use any of them like most who got them in their kit. And I also bought before the price drop.
...and some people thought homework was only for school

Reactions: jeep2liberty
Wow waaaaaaaay to much drama for a neck strap & tweezers. The tweezers are no longer needed for the new Qs thats why they're no longer included. If you look at the list of what's included in the case you will see they're not included. What happens when your DJI doesn't come with a neck strap & tweezers; take it back and go with somebody else. Sounds like you never got past the neck strap & tweezers to actually see how the Q flies, you just relied on other negative opinions, but I guarantee you the majority of people on the forum will tell you how much they love their Q. I wonder if something happens to your DJI will you get a nice guy like the one from Yuneec.

Forgive me for being straight forward but it irks me when people don't do their research, you could have easily joined the sight first like most people do and asked all the necessary questions that would have convinced you to either buy or reject buying one, instead of coming on the forum and bashing Yuneec. Yuneec Rocks!!!!

Not only tweezers, and neck straps...but things like range, proven performance, and a professional tool for a photographer were my reasons for the switch.
I don't feel I will need the friendly Tech support as much if my quad is performing as it should be. Many of the things I liked about the Q are also in the Dji...most of what I heard was wrong with the Q don't seem to be reported by users of the Dji.
But it's not just about the strap, that is just an indicator to me, not a valid reason to return the quad. I mean duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What you guys think????
hi
call Yuneec again , ask to speak to a supervisor don't take "the higher ups don't think that those items, as well as the lens filters are necessary anymore." But you can buy them if I want... i use the neck strap all the time some people don't . it should be included it's a special strap .
the Q500 is a good quad .
fly safe

Reactions: Stan Osborne
hi
call Yuneec again , ask to speak to a supervisor don't take "the higher ups don't think that those items, as well as the lens filters are necessary anymore." But you can buy them if I want... i use the neck strap all the time some people don't . it should be included it's a special strap .
the Q500 is a good quad .
fly safe
naw...its ok. I am already onto another unit. Thanks tho

I bought my Q500+ for just over $600 new here in Switzerland. Got the Handy Cam, tweezers etc.
Great value and very happy with it. Contacted Yuneec in Germany with a couple of questions.
Extremely helpful and no waiting.

good for you...sorry you got jacked on the price. I always wait and let people like you beta test new products for me...then I buy them, I am what you call a SMART CONSUMER. Aside from that,
I just see so many flyaway incidents on this forum, so many calibration problems, so many ESC mishaps...and I think to myself...do I need that kind of hassle when I am trying to fly and film? I have also seen Youtube videos of strange errors and the complex blinking lights that tell you whats not working on the aircraft...why not just have that info on screen? Who can see a little light blinking in day light from 30 feet away?? And by the way, I don't always think its stupidity that wrecks these machines. Sometimes it is due to things like GPS failure, props that fall off, and controllers that have weak signals. The extended coverage keeps guys like me from paying another $900 (sorry to rub that in) if our new aircraft decides to take a little autonomous journey of its own.
In anycase I just think its a dick move to discontinue sending out a strap to hold onto the remote. It is such an inexpensive accessory for them to stop providing...and don't even get me started on why the heck I need tweezers lol.
I am packing it up tonight, back to BestBuy...Just ordered the DJI 4 for what you claim to have paid for the Q500.
Ouch!
Each product will always have pros and cons. Yuneec customer service is second to none in this industry. My 4k cost around $900.00 brand new. Yuneec happily set me a free neck strap and replaced the battery charger on my word alone saying it malfunctioned. Have fun with your Phantom 4..hope you never have to contact DJI for support..not a pretty experience I'm told..

Ouch!

Hi look to youtube for phantom 4 problems. The ovoidance system is really crap if you see the intell realsense system Yuneec has on the thyphoon H DJI has to learn more ...

/\/\ax2206

I LOVE my Q500 4K I bought from CarolinaDronz.com for a grand that came with a neckstrap, filter (but no tweezers because you don't need them). I actually use Frank's neckstrap that he gave me more then Yuneec's. The Q500 is such a great quadcopter I got a smoking deal on a second one for $300 (minus the camera) that I'm sure someone returned for a DJI. All I can say is if you want double the CS then buy it from Frank at CarolinaDronz.com because he'll take your call on any given day of the week. I know, I've talked to him on a Sunday. P.S. I get a neckstrap everytime I buy something from Frank it seems like, got 4 if anyone needs an extra! LOL

After not being thrilled with my Blade 350 QX 2 AP I started looking at the Walker Scout X4. I was really turned off that their website was in half broken english/chinese. A lot of forum comments about ground station app not working right., etc., easily broken plastic parts (fragile).

So I bought my 4K last month for $900 and it came with everything plus the case and extra battery. My local hobby shop had a sale and even honored a 10% coupon I had from Horizon Hobby. What's not to love? Sure, I'd like to have the ST16 controller instead, but I'd also like the FAA to receive a whole crap load of REALISM in their policies. But that won't happen either.

Reactions: Chewman
I own both the Yuneec and the DJI their are points to be given for each company if you are looking for something zippy the DJI is the clear leader but if you think you will have better imaging from the Phantom you are mistaken. And they also have a nasty little problem with their airframes developing cracks around the motor mounting holes (not from crashes) and motors coming loose good luck with your warranty and customer service from DJI they basically called me a liar and that I abused the Phantom and refused to just send me an airframe I would have to send it in for repair best case scenario was 60 day turnaround I wound up buying my own airframe and rebuilding it myself...I have had no problems out of the Q500 4k imaging is amazing the landings are a little bouncy and their is some lag in control inputs but a very sound flier

99% of flyaways, props coming off, and mystery crashes is operator error.

Of course the majority of posts are "bad things" you are reading. People that have no problems, and uneventful flights don't post about it.

I've had 15 battery flights and only posted about 3. Maiden flight, first crash (unexplained - likely operator error), and second crash (potentially bad battery). The other 12 flights were "woopieeee" :rolleyes:

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
What you guys think????

I bought mine last year at the higher price. Opened the box and yes, missing the same stuff as you mention. I called "Mr. Nice Guy" and was told he would send the missing items in the mail (that was late last year) and I never received a package. Long story made short, I didn't need the neck strap and I had an old pair of tweezers I put in my Yuneec kit.

This is an extraordinary flying machine and it exceeds all my expectations (except for the manual) and I'm a happy camper.

I originally purchased a DJI Phantom 3 and it arrived from Amazon looking like the contents had gone to Afghanistan and back, in a jeep that had no shock absorbers. I tried contacting DJI and it was a very futile and frustrating experience but was able to send the basket-case DJI back to "BAM-AZON" (they have baboons working in their shipping department) and getting my Q500-4K through Best Buy has worked out better, so "no tweezers" and "no strap" is no "problemo" for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval