Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The DJI Mavic is pure WOW

How are you risking a "$500 phone"?
I will be risking my phone by using it every time I use it. Especially when I use it as it was not intended to be used ( e.g. on an economically designed drone controller ). Electronics mishaps, elements, accidents and incidents, ... and the now becoming common .... getting it confiscated by cops as overstep regulations and even more common " the suspicious lady at the beach-park etc "

by all means guys, go enjoy your mavic. I never intend to offend anybody by bringing up my personal concerns about your choice of product. It's more like the other way around !
Is it ok that, I personally dislike the DJi atmosphere, their products and now Mavic !? Last time I checked we lived in a free world and this is still the Yuneec Flyers forum. And I am drumming for Karma here. LOL

by all means guys, go enjoy your mavic. I never intend to offend anybody by bringing up my personal concerns about your choice of product. It's more like the other way around !
Is it ok that, I personally dislike the DJi atmosphere, their products and now Mavic !? Last time I checked we lived in a free world and this is still the Yuneec Flyers forum. And I am drumming for Karma here. LOL
I think DJI is a dishonest company. They are spamming the competitions forums here and elsewhere with a constant barrage of disinformation. I would not consider buying any of their products.

Reactions: Max Gibson
I think DJI is a dishonest company. They are spamming the competitions forums here and elsewhere with a constant barrage of disinformation. I would not consider buying any of their products.

Who is "they"? I for one have been a member of this forum since first hearing about the H. Back when DC and others were posting about the wait killing them to get their hands on their pre ordered Hs. I was excited myself because the H was so much more than the Phantom. The reason I became a member was because I clearly saw myself owning the H, so I wanted to learn more. Some online reviewers said the H was going to be the DJI killer - I almost returned the Phantom.
My excitement only grew as the time neared for the H's release. Looking back, that was the highest point for the H in my book and the closest I was to ordering one. Then, slowly, with great regret, my excitement changed to a feeling of being let down. Yuneec may have great CS and DJI may suck at it, I don't know, that's what I'm reading on the forums. But I've never had to deal with DJI CS as my Phantom hasn't had issues (thankful). But looking at the situation unbiasedly, CS is only important when issues arise - we (drone enthusiasts) should demand from these manufacturers much better products so that we don't have to deal with their CS. Who cares that Yuneec has great CS when they have to be contacted frequently? They are not in the business of CS, they should be in the business of making great drones so CS is not contacted.
I usually don't write much on these forums as my goal is to learn about the product from others. Having invested months learning about the H, I will continue to lurk around, but the excitement about it has waned - who knows, maybe Yuneec does a 180 and fixes many of the persistent issues reported here and will make me into a believer again. Time will tell.

Who is "they"? I for one have been a member of this forum since first hearing about the H. Back when DC and others were posting about the wait killing them to get their hands on their pre ordered Hs. I was excited myself because the H was so much more than the Phantom. The reason I became a member was because I clearly saw myself owning the H, so I wanted to learn more. Some online reviewers said the H was going to be the DJI killer - I almost returned the Phantom.
My excitement only grew as the time neared for the H's release. Looking back, that was the highest point for the H in my book and the closest I was to ordering one. Then, slowly, with great regret, my excitement changed to a feeling of being let down. Yuneec may have great CS and DJI may suck at it, I don't know, that's what I'm reading on the forums. But I've never had to deal with DJI CS as my Phantom hasn't had issues (thankful). But looking at the situation unbiasedly, CS is only important when issues arise - we (drone enthusiasts) should demand from these manufacturers much better products so that we don't have to deal with their CS. Who cares that Yuneec has great CS when they have to be contacted frequently? They are not in the business of CS, they should be in the business of making great drones so CS is not contacted.
I usually don't write much on these forums as my goal is to learn about the product from others. Having invested months learning about the H, I will continue to lurk around, but the excitement about it has waned - who knows, maybe Yuneec does a 180 and fixes many of the persistent issues reported here and will make me into a believer again. Time will tell.

..and I would LOVE it if they did. There was a reason I chose the H Pro over the Phantom. ****.... MANY reasons actually. But the reality was that I had a HIGHLY unreliable drone that I was afraid was going to do something crazy from the very first day. Ultimately it resulted in the craft flying away and crashing after one of the firmware updates. Yuneec CS was great... exceptional even. Total time to shipping my broken drone off to receiving a repaired drone was like.... 11 days. But that was 11 days out of my return period. The repaired drone came back on the very last day of the vendors return window. That was also the same day the Mavic was released.

After reading so many stories similar to mine, I decided it would be foolish to stick with it. So I returned the H pro. I hope the Mavic works out better. There are still a number of things the H Pro does (in theory) better. And a number of things I will miss about the platform. But fearing that MFer is going to take off on me just took all the fun out of it.

Personally I think you're going to regret jumping ship. You have experienced first hand how good Yuneec CS can be, and the H is a platform that is going to grow, rather than a product that will be superseded by the next model. Buy the Mavic and in six months time you'll be wondering what DJI are going to bring out next - with no upgrade path for you to follow.

I have both the H and the P3s and I can say when I bought my P4 and the controller blew a cap in the first 2 hours I had it the CS nightmare those talk about is completely true. Took me 6 phone calls, 4 to tech support whom had no clue what I was talking about and 2 phone calls to a supervisor that included video of the issue and they still couldn't get it right or understand the issue after two weeks of back and forth. Sent the whole thing back for refund (thank god for paypal)

Now I did purchase the Mavic it looks pretty cool. I'm still a bit gun shy on if I have a problem CS will still be screwed up but I'll take that chance and see what happens.

I love both my H and P3s and hope the Mavic is just as fun to fly.
btw, both the H and P3s have been 100% trouble free.

And the flyaways, well have read plenty of those with DJI as well.

That sounds pretty far-fetched IMO, can you cite or better yet provide irrefutable evidence of this?

Having dealt with their CS issue's, I would'n't say they are dishonest by any means. They have some serious issues and I spent a good hour talking to a supervisor about their CS and what could change to make it better.

They have some real big growing pains and the support group has a few good people and many that are just a level 1 type folk that read from a script and have no clue. More and more companies are going to this model of support where a tier 1 group who really doesn't know the product does script work and this most of the time just pisses off those that tend to know a bit more about what is going on with the product.

Had I thought they were dishonest I would not have bought the Mavic after going through what I did. I swore off buying another DJI after the P4 issues, but I'm willing to try again on the new product.

... " can you cite or better yet provide irrefutable evidence of this? "

In legal terms no, in here there is no point trying to do so, even if such thing was possible to begin with ! These type of questions, characteristically boxed in to serve the purpose.
This is a discussion forum, far from the current legal circus and Dungeons & Dragons games. Ones' understanding of pros and cons about a product often comes from the circle of friends and family, colleagues and the dreaded WWW. In my case, the warnings about the DJi bad business practices come from the a few guru DJi life time users. Many of them are in LOVE/HATE relationships with DJi and some are flying their last DJi to the ground just because they paid hefty money for the thing(s) with subpar quality. That said, I also know of other individuals that are sworn devotees and nothing will change their opinions about DJi as if their fav company is flawless - and that by itself makes their opinion irrelevant.

Make no mistake, brand awareness is not the same as brand faithfulness. As a consumer I do not hesitate a moment to voice my opinion about the flaw " i " notice in the product the " i " paid for. That's how my favorite brand will go on to improve upon the products they make and the circle of innovation to market place continues to thrive. If we were just thankful with whatever we were given to go by, then many of us were hanging around caves, breaking the hunted animals with bone-knives and stone hammers. In fact DJi stopped innovations as the results of the assurances they had for guaranteed sales to the Dji cult. Many P4 users went back to P3 as it was more mature and reliable. It's so interesting that the admission to flaws of Phantom4 initially started by the DJi although the subject has been muted by the angry, naming calling, legal experts within the cult of DJi.
You don't expose the flaw, You have to live with it and YOU have to pay for a flawed product and service.

Reactions: QuadBart
That sounds pretty far-fetched IMO, can you cite or better yet provide irrefutable evidence of this?

They tried to buy 3DR on the eve of the Solo release to kill the competition. They spammed many youtube review sites with negative comments until those sites had to shut off comments. They sued Yuneec to try and stop the release of the Typhoon H. Dozens of fake accounts appeared on RC Groups on the Typhoon H treads, spamming the threads with constant negative comments before the product was even on the street. Many of the accounts were closed by the moderators, but more popped up and have continued since. Some of the threads have been completely shut down by those who started them just to tune out the shills.
They are on this forum as well. They are pretty easy to spot. Always negative comments or questions, no content of their own,always pushing DJI products. If you can't see it, I think you are being willfully blind.

Did you know that casey's mavic flew away.

Yea.
The last video of his suggested it was either in the river or landed on a boat.
Has he updated the 'whereabouts' of it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video about the GoPro 5 with some Mavic video at the end. The GoPro is SO much sharper. The Mavic video shows the same horizon tilt we have seen in many of the other videos.

Video about the GoPro 5 with some Mavic video at the end. The GoPro is SO much sharper. The Mavic video shows the same horizon tilt we have seen in many of the other videos.

Prop in the shot at 4:32 !
The Fanboys are quick to reply Mavic " only " does it in sport-mode but I have seen the flaw enough to know it's a flaw. Some users also reporting the tap to focus is annoying and already early users are scrambling to shut the thing OFF.

Something I found interesting. There have been an increasing number of Mavic Reviews and test flights on You Tube, even though the Mavic is not released yet. I know there are some pre-release demos, as always. However, a large number of these so called Mavic Reviews are not Mavics. If you watch the video until the operator comes into view, you will see a phantom controller or one that looks like it. They are not using a Mavic controller. I believe they are using the Mavic name to increase their views. If your looking for info on the Mavic, pay attention to the details or you will be getting false information.

Just in case any of you are interested in following the reports of the mavic as they start shipping, check out our MavicPilots.com site we launched today - Mavic Drone Forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss