Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The dumbest question

Nope too much of a chance it could get caught with disastrous consequences, I wouldn't personally. Too many YouTube Vids showing the crashes.

A short one could work but anything long enough to reach the props will be in them as soon as it descends.

Has anyone flown a pennant type flag off of the landing gear ?

Yes. It got caught. With disastrous consequences. I wouldn't personally do it again.
We put streamers on eight drones. The first one tangled a minute or so after launch. We immediately tried to land the remaining seven. Five of the seven tangled on the way down. Lesson learned.
Wish I'd of been smart enough to ask the dumb question first.

Thanx everyone, was a thought, I could see the down side is why I asked, but was hoping to see if it was possible ?

Yes. It got caught. With disastrous consequences. I wouldn't personally do it again.
We put streamers on eight drones. The first one tangled a minute or so after launch. We immediately tried to land the remaining seven. Five of the seven tangled on the way down. Lesson learned.
Wish I'd of been smart enough to ask the dumb question first.
Yup we got a 70 foot Spruce around here with an Ozzie flag and a Dji P3S in it!, Dumbness typing.

In the UK it's illegal to fix anything to a drone that is not supposed to be there. I expect the US will be the same.

In the UK it's illegal to fix anything to a drone that is not supposed to be there. I expect the US will be the same.

Other than 107.23(b) dropping something and 107.36 Carriage of Hazardous Materials which references 49 CFR 171.8 that defines this......I’m not aware of any restrictions.

Reactions: RatBob
The simple trick is to have a ballast weight at the low end of the banner lead.

If you are really considering it. Add maybe some bendable wire like to make a frame around it because it will never fly right with it da goi g in the wind . . 1 you have down force from the props and when you move front back up down it will just flap and twist up and catch a prop . If you hang it from the bottom with small weights or something like a shower curtain and thr wire down the sides will hold it straight . Just fly slow and u should be good .

This is the way I plan to do it.
Fishing line, fish hook, and small lead weight.
Make sure your fish line is way longer than you pennant. Hover your H just slightly above you, place hook on the landing gear slowly ascend and off you go.
Do opposite when landing.
Sometime this week I will make a video of this. ????:cool:

Reactions: bgill14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone