Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

And you even get TONS of exif data with the DNG files on this thing...

Attachments

• DJI_0034.jpg
    DJI_0034.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2016-07-10_21-28-17.jpg
    2016-07-10_21-28-17.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 19
4k, 24fps, d-log. Also graded with Lumetri. It was dark/sunset and it looks surprisingly good. I'm impressed.

I love DJI d-log.

I'm not always impressed with log profiles, depending on the camera, but D-log absolutely kicks but with Lumetri! Just getting started, but really happy with the camera, the profiles etc.

The key for me was lots of ND, Receiving deliveries on new ND filters tomorrow including 16, 32, and 64. (I only have 8 now)

Last edited:
I love DJI d-log.

I'm not always impressed with log profiles, depending on the camera, but D-log absolutely kicks but with Lumetri! Just getting started, but really happy with the camera, the profiles etc.

The key for me was lots of ND, Receiving delivering on new ND filters tomorrow including 16, 32, and 64. I only have 8 now

Yeah I need to figure out what ND filters to get. I had almost gotten some for the CGO3.

here's what I oredered, will take delivery tomorrow:
Polar Pro Cinema Series-Shutter Collection ND P4-1202-SHUTTR B&H

How did these work for you? I was doing some video testing today in the sun, and my shutter speed was through the roof. Blegh. I'll probably get some when my Yuneecs sell.

Did this tonight. DJI gives you an AEB option, histogram, zebras, and super fast easy controls to manual exposure. You listening Yuneec?

This was a 5 shot bracket, manual exposure settings on shot one. Basically I just tried doing ETTR using the histo and zebras. Merged in Lightroom.

Attachments

• DJI_0030-HDR.jpg
    DJI_0030-HDR.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 31
How did these work for you? I was doing some video testing today in the sun, and my shutter speed was through the roof. Blegh. I'll probably get some when my Yuneecs sell.

Did this tonight. DJI gives you an AEB option, histogram, zebras, and super fast easy controls to manual exposure. You listening Yuneec?

This was a 5 shot bracket, manual exposure settings on shot one. Basically I just tried doing ETTR using the histo and zebras. Merged in Lightroom.

That is something I just realized is not available on the "H". Bracket exposures. :(

It's a nice feature if you want 3 or 5 pics and plan to put them into Photoshop or another program to run an HDR on them. You get a great image in the end. Maybe one day the Yuneec will have it... considering it's super easy to add just via a software/firmware update.

Oh.... and I think you two just took over this lens thread to chat about how happy you are with your new Phantoms. :) You may wish to start another thread for that over on the Phantom Pilots Forum (I'll join you there, when I'm not here).

Just got them yesterday, haven't had a chance to fly since. But I have the ND8 from the same company and its the only way to get good shots in bright sun, love them. Shutter speed is everything IMO.

This shot you attached is incredible!

Reactions: Burntpixel
Okay got my camera today. Packing slip says replacement, what I got was a bare camera wrapped in brown paper. I thought someone else on here got an actual box? And it had the shield cover on it. Its difficult to believe that this ISN'T my original camera.

Took a couple JPGs (in gorgeous mode) and a couple DNGs and processed with Lightroom. I've included full 12mp renderings of the DNGs, and the JPGS right from the camera. If you look at the one JPG, the focus *looks* correct. Make sure you zoom in and look at details like houses, trees, etc.

I'll let you guys look before I pass judgment. (I'm being silly, and sarcastic here)

Attachments

• DNG_edit2.jpg
    DNG_edit2.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 58
  • JPG1.jpg
    JPG1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
  • JPG2.jpg
    JPG2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
  • DNG_edit_1.jpg
    DNG_edit_1.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
I'll let you guys look before I pass judgment. (I'm being silly, and sarcastic here)

Same garbage, out of focus image. And it only took 5 weeks to get it back (more sarcasm). Obviously they have a very big problem and for some reason are unable or unwilling to fix it.

Man, I am so glad I returned my H. What a mess

Same garbage, out of focus image. And it only took 5 weeks to get it back (more sarcasm). Obviously they have a very big problem and for some reason are unable or unwilling to fix it.

Man, I am so glad I returned my H. What a mess
So m I

It just blows my mind that the CGO3 on my Q500 is perfectly fine. Now I have to sell this thing to someone.

Thats the problem in a nutshell isn't it? If this was a company that had never before delivered a professional looking camera, then I could see this making sense (they just don't know how). But to release this incredibly well designed hexi-copter with great controller and features but then release it with a seriously inferior camera when they have been successful before???. Then refuse to acknowledge the problem??. THEN ship more inferior cameras out in response and make customers wait weeks to receive them????? Makes no business or PR sense whatsoever.

IMO the thing that remains Yuneec's best way out of this mess is to eventually offer a superior camera on the same craft, even if its more money. The one thing that I really don't like about the Phantom 4 is that I don't have the option of replacing the camera with a larger imager type camera like I can with the Inspire. And the Inspire is still somewhat overpriced in my mind. If Yuneec could figure out a way of fixing the existing camera to a minimum standard of quality (and quit burying thier head in the sand about the issue overall), and then offer an upgrade option for better cameras (micro four thirds or even the Black Magic mini) then they would have a superior solution and I would buy in personally.

In the meantime they've lost me completely. I was in Frys electronics the other day in the drone section and a guy came up to tell me how good the Tyhphoon H is. I rolled my eyes a little, told him my entire history with the craft. After a few minutes he conceded that he hadnt actually examined the footage that closely yet, and didnt have a 4K monitor to do so. But after our conversation, he was on his way home to see if he had the SAME problem.

Yuneec cant afford to have this issue become the new narrative regarding thier cameras. They had better stop shipping out replacement cameras that are as bad as the originals or they're going to have a very bad rep with owners and EX-owners

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Okay got my camera today. Packing slip says replacement, what I got was a bare camera wrapped in brown paper. I thought someone else on here got an actual box? And it had the shield cover on it. Its difficult to believe that this ISN'T my original camera.

Took a couple JPGs (in gorgeous mode) and a couple DNGs and processed with Lightroom. I've included full 12mp renderings of the DNGs, and the JPGS right from the camera. If you look at the one JPG, the focus *looks* correct. Make sure you zoom in and look at details like houses, trees, etc.

Yeah, that photo quality is certainly not up to par with what it should be. What is really sad is there are probably another 1000 or more Typhoon owners out there with poor cameras that just don't have a clue that their $1300 investment included a toy camera. Or they do know, but they didn't purchase the drone for the camera, so can't be bothered to voice their concern. Yuneec certainly knows this is a damaging problem and if the issue becomes mainstream on social media then there is no putting the Genie back in the bottle. The result will then be that Yuneec will always be associated with having great customer service but below par imaging systems. As an example, DJI is associated with having the most advanced drones but terrible customer service. Even if DJI's customer service suddenly became the best out there, the stigma will always stick with them.

Advice for Yuneec USA... start firing off more emails & phone calls to China and let them know that this camera problem needs to be rectified now & not later. Also, stop replacing defective cameras with more defective cameras.

Well done.

Look like sh*t.

If I got that back, I would need a good strong drink. :confused:

It just blows my mind that the CGO3 on my Q500 is perfectly fine. Now I have to sell this thing to someone.
I had a different problem with my camera (vertical black lines in the highlights) and sent it in. It was returned unfixed. I had them cross ship another one. It was not focused well. I chose to focus it myself rather than send it back again. It was a fairly easy task. Now I am very happy with it.
I can only assume that they have some technician setting focus on these cameras to a close up chart on the wall rather than a distant scene. It's a shame since this is a great product otherwise.
It might be worth trying to refocus your camera before giving up and selling the whole thing.
Here is a full image and a 100% crop after refocus. These were developed from DNG with Photoshop.YUN00092full.jpg YUN00092crop.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AML
I had a different problem with my camera (vertical black lines in the highlights) and sent it in. It was returned unfixed. I had them cross ship another one. It was not focused well. I chose to focus it myself rather than send it back again. It was a fairly easy task. Now I am very happy with it.
I can only assume that they have some technician setting focus on these cameras to a close up chart on the wall rather than a distant scene. It's a shame since this is a great product otherwise.
It might be worth trying to refocus your camera before giving up and selling the whole thing.

I am lucky I have a good CGO3+ on my H but feel for the unlucky ones. Yuneec should be kicking the camera sub contractor in the butt. Having said that whoever is the product manager must be useless as well for allowing the situation to develop.
The CEO spends his time swanning around on his boat testing out the H follow me/watch me modes but does not look closely at the camera quality, unless of course his was QC'd on Mr Magoo's day off.

I love my H and dearly want Yuneec to succeed but like 3DR they seem hellbent on ballsing things up whenever they can.
Mind you the CEO did say that the Breeze was being released on time after lessons learnt from the H fiasco.

Those of you who have had bad returns experiences, which Yuneec center/dealer are you dealing with? It seems some are having better experiences than others?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop