Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

The lens is not removable. It's only a glass cover on the front. You can remove that to swap on filters, such as ND or something graduated. It won't change anything such as focus.

Mine is also not critically sharp, Yuneec replaced my camera and its not critically sharp. so thats two. they get one more chance then I'm offing the drone
Ouch, that's bad news. OK, so they may have a systemic problem with this. They had better get it fixed soon. This is a fantastic drone, I'm very happy with it, but if the footage is useless, the drone is useless.
BTW, DJI is radically dropping the price of the Inspire...

This is not the best picture,
But here we go:
Fstop =2.8
ISO = 100
Shutter = 1/1024
WB= Auto
I do not see things as crisp as I would think they should be either.
You be the judge. I will wait to see what Yuneec does for the others before I give them a call.

This is not the best picture,
But here we go:
Fstop =2.8
ISO = 100
Shutter = 1/1024
WB= Auto
I do not see things as crisp as I would think they should be either.
You be the judge. I will wait to see what Yuneec does for the others before I give them a call.
Hard to tell, you have the camera in a tight spot. Get it in the air where you have a decent horizon line and we can tell better

I am having the same focus problem with my H.
Compared to my Phantom it clearly is not as sharp of a picture or video.

I hope they can correct this somehow.
I'll be watching the outcome of this problem
I have 30 days to return.

Compared to my Phantom it clearly is not as sharp of a picture or video.

Its more than just not as sharp IMO, its completely unacceptable. If I had a smart phone that shot video that bad I'd return it. On a $1300 piece of technology, its a deal breaker. I'm REALLY concerned about the post from DerStig regarding being shipped TWO bad cameras. Keeping my fingers crossed....

I'm assuming the shots posted above were all originally dng files and then converted to jpg? Is it worth testing what straight jpg files look?

Maybe its just my bad eyes, but it almost seems like my hi-res jpg images (auto mode, gorgeous setting - yeah, I'm learning the settings slowly) are sharper on distance images than my dng images.

I'm assuming the shots posted above were all originally dng files and then converted to jpg? Is it worth testing what straight jpg files look?

Maybe its just my bad eyes, but it almost seems like my hi-res jpg images (auto mode, gorgeous setting - yeah, I'm learning the settings slowly) are sharper on distance images than my dng images.

For mine, it wasn't a question of sharpness, but the lens not being focused.

For mine, it wasn't a question of sharpness, but the lens not being focused.
100% agreed. This has nothing to do with formats or compression or resolution or anything else of a similar nature. My Cg03+ is not performing to any minimum expectation regarding focus. And frankly the out of focus areas dont even look like a natural DOF / Bokeh, even for a small camera. It looks like a misaligned lens or some other physical malfunction.

Reactions: BoostedPerspective
100% agreed. This has nothing to do with formats or compression or resolution or anything else of a similar nature. My Cg03+ is not performing to any minimum expectation regarding focus. And frankly the out of focus areas dont even look like a natural DOF / Bokeh, even for a small camera. It looks like a misaligned lens or some other physical malfunction.

This. Exactly. And I know the sensor is fine, the images from my CGO3 on my Q500 looked perfectly fine.

Posting this again with highlights to empahsize my point. Take a look at the different sections of the shot, all roughly the same distance away from the camera, but with completely different sense of focus:
Cgo3+_C.jpg

Sent mine back on Monday, since it's a UPS ground shipment to Canada, won't even arrive until the 13th.
No, thats Ontario CA, in California. I just tracked mine and it has been received already, yours should be there by now depending on where you shipped from

No, thats Ontario CA, in California. I just tracked mine and it has been received already, yours should be there by now depending on where you shipped from

Oops you're right. I'm a buffoon. BUT still due to arrive on the 13th. Shipped from MD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval