Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

Right. That glass cover, if it has any defects or less than clean, will affect focus.

The cover was perfect. And I removed it the night I did testing indoors. No effect on the physical position of the lens in relation to the sensor, or any misaligned elements in the lens group. Focus line and DOF was easily discernable.

Here's another snapshot from video, on the ground prior to takeoff. The camera is behaving as if it had a shallow depth of field, which for a fixed focus camera makes no sense to me. BTW, called tech support, I'm shipping the gimbal assy back to be looked at:View attachment 905
Hey Chris, the mountain in your picture looks familiar. Are you in Phoenix?

Hey look, the CGO3 (from the Q500 4K) works on the YTH. And here are a couple full res shots taken with this setup to show how the focus SHOULD have looked with my CGO3+.

That settles it! thanks for posting. Those shots look exactly like I expected my CGO3+ to look like, and are perfectly in focus. thanks for posting. BTW, really glad to hear that there is backward comparability with the cameras.

I'm on the other side of the mountain from you. Moon Mountain area, Sweetwater and 19th ave.

Small world. We used to have a house at 7th and Thunderbird, just down the street. What copter are you flying?

I made the mistake of posting a Photoshop resized 1080 shot before from the UHD video stream. A full UHD snapshot is better to show how bad the camera focus problem is, thought I would post for the record. Look at this full screen on a big monitor and you'll see how bad this problem is
:
Cgo3+_D.jpg

Small world. We used to have a house at 7th and Thunderbird, just down the street. What copter are you flying?
I currently have the Q500 4k, but I'm going to order the H next week. How do you like the H so far, other than than camera problem?

I made the mistake of posting a Photoshop resized 1080 shot before from the UHD video stream. A full UHD snapshot is better to show how bad the camera focus problem is, thought I would post for the record. Look at this full screen on a big monitor and you'll see how bad this problem is
:

Yep, that is hilarious. Same as mine was. Now look at my above shots (and in the first post) and that's what it is supposed to look like.

Reactions: ChrisP
I currently have the Q500 4k, but I'm going to order the H next week. How do you like the H so far, other than than camera problem?

Don't mean to cut in here, but I had the Q500 4K for about a month before getting my H. Quick summery, the H is fantastic. FANTASTIC. Its better in every single way. Quick mount props with folding arms, retracting landing gear, 360 panning camera, etc. And its MUCH faster and more responsive than the Q500. This thing is a monster compared to the Q500. First time I switched into rabbit mode I laughed. Also the ST16 is LEAPS better than the ST10. I'm excited to get my CGO3+ back and try the smart modes.

Reactions: smokinram

Just as BP said, absolutely LOVE this thing. The engineering is unbelievable. they put serious time and genius into imagining a responsive, speedy, stable, reliable craft with great features. I am still very committed to this platform, and will also tell you that tech support has been very good so far, with the caveat that I don't yet have a solution. Bottom line: I cant wait to get a functioning camera on this drone. It's fantastic...

Don't mean to cut in here, but I had the Q500 4K for about a month before getting my H. Quick summery, the H is fantastic. FANTASTIC. Its better in every single way. Quick mount props with folding arms, retracting landing gear, 360 panning camera, etc. And its MUCH faster and more responsive than the Q500. This thing is a monster compared to the Q500. First time I switched into rabbit mode I laughed. Also the ST16 is LEAPS better than the ST10. I'm excited to get my CGO3+ back and try the smart modes.

Agreed (x100). I don't own the Q500 for comparison, but LOVE this machine. And we didnt even get time to try all the smart modes. Cant wait to seriously dive in to what this thing can do...

Just as BP said, absolutely LOVE this thing. The engineering is unbelievable. they put serious time and genius into imagining a responsive, speedy, stable, reliable craft with great features. I am still very committed to this platform, and will also tell you that tech support has been very good so far, with the caveat that I don't yet have a solution. Bottom line: I cant wait to get a functioning camera on this drone. It's fantastic...
Now i'm even more anxious to order mine, thanks for the input. Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some flying together.

Now i'm even more anxious to order mine, thanks for the input. Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some flying together.

absolutely. I'll post how the camera issue goes over time. Once I have a stable process (fingers crossed) I'll post again, we can connect then. My son and I are looking forward to flying a lot in the mountains north of us

Agreed (x100). I don't own the Q500 for comparison, but LOVE this machine. And we didnt even get time to try all the smart modes. Cant wait to seriously dive in to what this thing can do...

Yeah I've got some motorcycle friends I really want to try follow mode on. I know that is where the full speed is unlocked. I haven't even unwrapped the wand yet either. Check this video out, the YTH is MOVING!

Yeah I've got some motorcycle friends I really want to try follow mode on. I know that is where the full speed is unlocked. I haven't even unwrapped the wand yet either. Check this video out, the YTH is MOVING!

That is unbelievable. What amazes me the most is the YTH ability to stay stable with serious speed and wind conditions...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430