Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

For giggles, went back up with the CGO3 to catch the sunset. In focus.

Attachments

• YUN00031.jpg
    YUN00031.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 58
  • YUN00035.jpg
    YUN00035.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 55
On the Phantom 3 and Phantom 4, many cameras are also incredibly out of focus. The early P3 versions never had a problem, but the newer ones almost all have focus problems, and huge ones. Problem is, most people don't notice, and when you send it in to DJI, they return another one with exactly the same problems. According to DJI, it's "as designed".
I'm afraid that with Yuneec it's just going to be the same, and even the replaced or repaired CGO3+'s will have the same problems.
Has anyone here a CGO3+/Typhoon H that has a perfect camera which is not out of focus at all?

On the Phantom 3 and Phantom 4, many cameras are also incredibly out of focus. The early P3 versions never had a problem, but the newer ones almost all have focus problems, and huge ones. Problem is, most people don't notice, and when you send it in to DJI, they return another one with exactly the same problems. According to DJI, it's "as designed".
I'm afraid that with Yuneec it's just going to be the same, and even the replaced or repaired CGO3+'s will have the same problems.
Has anyone here a CGO3+/Typhoon H that has a perfect camera which is not out of focus at all?

Well that would be most unfortunate, I really like the YTH. But a UAV with an out of focus camera is useless to me. I've already made prints from my Q500 4K. And if I can't get a simple cell phone style camera that's in focus on a $1300 item, then I'm done with that company and will move onto something else. I have hope, since my CGO3 was perfectly fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_195555.jpg
    IMG_20160611_195555.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34
Here's a couple of samples from my YTH.
What do you think? Both are raw, ISO100, sunny WB. Still is untouched export from LR and the video is also untouched from Premiere. I just made it a bit shorter. In the video I played a bit with shutter speed and there's also some clouds blocking the sun in some parts of the video.

YUN00018.jpg

YUN00019.mp4

Here's a couple of samples from my YTH.
What do you think? Both are raw, ISO100, sunny WB. Still is untouched export from LR and the video is also untouched from Premiere. I just made it a bit shorter. In the video I played a bit with shutter speed and there's also some clouds blocking the sun in some parts of the video.

YUN00018.jpg

YUN00019.mp4

Can you share a full resolution image? The trees and the shed look out. Its definitely not as bad as some of the ones posted here. Now I'm starting to wonder if my CGO3 cam from the Q500 4K is the rare one. (being that its focused correctly)

If you want the full res, just download it (click the link and choose download from the top of the screen)
IMO, the flowers and toy tractor in the middle are quite blurry also. They are about 8 meters from camera (the ruler is about 5 meters)

I took this with my H, what do you think, it looks pretty sharp to me but i want some other eyes on it. The H was on a table when i took this.

Now that actually looks like decent focus. I'm looking at the fence, and then beyond at the house and chimney. Mind posting one with a longer view?

If you want the full res, just download it (click the link and choose download from the top of the screen)
IMO, the flowers and toy tractor in the middle are quite blurry also. They are about 8 meters from camera (the ruler is about 5 meters)

Okay got it. This one I'm not liking. Its not as bad as mine or some of the others posted here, but it starts to get ehhhhh right around the tape. The far edge of the wooden overhang is not great, or the shed. And by the trees its bad.

Really with all these cameras whatever the make the far distance should be in focus. These are wide angle lenses for aerial work so should not have a focussing diatance like a GoPro of 5ft for use on a selfie stick. I think the CG03+ is an 'improved' camera. Lou Ming's and many other videos on YT do not indicate focus troubles.

Still loving the H but have only just started looking at the pictures. I'm off to check my camera more closely.

Thanks.
4k 30fps shot using natural mode and locked WB. Exposure auto -0.5 EV. Just a small color tweaks in post. Mainly adjustments of highlights, shadows etc.

Premiere Pro CC. I used only the Lumetri FX of it.
Export settings: match source, target bitrate 50Mbit/s

Now that actually looks like decent focus. I'm looking at the fence, and then beyond at the house and chimney. Mind posting one with a longer view?

Longer shot as requested. What do we think? Still looks okay to me, maybe a little soft at the edges

YUN00002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt