Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The news channels just can’t help themselves...

It is about the rule of law, we either have it or we don't.

And yet, just a decade ago when FOUR TIMES as many illegals were entering the country, we did not feel it was an emergency. But now it is? Why wasn't it an emergency 12 months ago? Why now?

And please don't misunderstand me. I absolutely think we should deter illegal immigration. But while on the subject of the "rule of law", it is illegal to hire undocumented persons. Yet we regularly fail to prosecute the companies that hire them. I wonder why that is?

As a side note, the only people who can claim asylum in the US; by international law, are those whose home country share a border with ours.

As a side note, this is completely false. Asylum claims categorically do NOT require that the country border the US.

And yet, just a decade ago when FOUR TIMES as many illegals were entering the country, we did not feel it was an emergency. But now it is? Why wasn't it an emergency 12 months ago? Why now?

And please don't misunderstand me. I absolutely think we should deter illegal immigration. But while on the subject of the "rule of law", it is illegal to hire undocumented persons. Yet we regularly fail to prosecute the companies that hire them. I wonder why that is?

As a side note, this is completely false. Asylum claims categorically do NOT require that the country border the US.

I should have worded it better, as I was referring to those countries in South America. You must seek Asylum from the first country you cross into if you are crossing borders. Someone leaving Honduras over land, by law must claim asylum in the first country whose border they cross into.

In the meantime back to your first point. I have been against illegal immigration for as long as I have understood what it is. The only reason we are having this discussion in America NOW, in 2019 is that we a have a President that; by all appearances, looks as though he means what he says about it rather than paying lip service.

I don't think we should 'deter' illegal immigration - we should stop it.

American companies who hire illegal immigrants should be heavily punished I agree, that is a big part of the problem.

Funny how they wrote that article without being able to sight one single documented case, but hearing that naked people might have been filmed, should just scare the living daylights out of you.

That, and a liberal social welfare policy are the foundation of the problem. If illegals could not find employment and not be subsidized with food, housing, and medical care they would stop coming. When other governments distribute publications describing how to obtain U.S. social services you know you have a serious problem.

Most of the governments south of our border are vastly more corrupt than ours and care little for the people they govern. Perhaps govern is the wrong word, rule might be more correct. What they care most about is their personal wealth and prestige, and anything that increases them. They do not want our borders closed or tightly enforced as doing so would decrease the amount of wealth being exported from this country to theirs.

Illegal immigration also serves in assisting another goal, the implementation of a new version of feudal government. The ruling class is getting a lot of help determining how much the lower classes are allowed to have through social spending programs. It’s part of the reason the elite class has experienced far greater wealth increase percentages over the lower classes. The wages of most occupations and classes of workers have already been restrained by government and corporate regional wage tables with no limitations for upper management positions.

Still no proof of anything at Gatwick yet they are moving forward with laws based on pretty much nothing. The police admitted it was probably their own surveillance drones.

Today's media has no idea what journalism and investigative reporting really are. It's all about being first to post a story, no matter the facts.

Reactions: FlushVision
I'm an airplane buff so I would rather be outside watching planes than people picking their nose.
I'm wondering if I saw a surveillance drone here at a local airport late at night. Got to the airport early picking up my wife, so I stood outside.

I wish I had taken picture or it. Sanford International Airport.
Small airport and at the time no aircrafts in the area.
Here's what I saw.
Very, very slow moving maybe 5knots, about 200 to 300 feet. Equal sides (square) 4 red lights, not blinking. 2 clear strobes.
Did not make any noise. I watched it for about 3 to 4 minutes, then the building got int he way, so visually I was unable to track it anymore.
who knows?

Just a heads up. Some of the posts are getting borderline discriminatory as I have received a few messages about them. Lets not have the thread go that way. I can understand the frustrations from some of the members. So lets use a little tact when dealing with the immigration issue or move it to a new off topic thread. Keep in mind what the OP's thread was started about.

Truth never discriminates Murray. It may not be welcomed and it might cause discomfort, but it does not discriminate.

• Love
Reactions: AH-1G
“This land is your land, this land is my land
From the California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me.”

Good news, I saved a lot of money by switching to GEICO.

Still no proof of anything at Gatwick yet they are moving forward with laws based on pretty much nothing. The police admitted it was probably their own surveillance drones.

Today's media has no idea what journalism and investigative reporting really are. It's all about being first to post a story, no matter the facts.
Sky News. LOL! About on par with the BBC with their lies. In fact the whole of the mainstream media in the UK are a disgrace. Unbiased reporting, yeah right!

I see this conversation has moved on to political scenarios. I don't usually get into political stuff on forums like this but the subject of immigration has been raised and that's something that is affecting the people of the UK.

For all the people from elsewhere reading this, you may or may not be aware that the United Kingdom is (soon to be was) part of the European Union. We had a referendum in 2016 in which the sensible majority voted to leave the EU. A big part of the reason (but not the only reason) why we voted to leave, was down to immigration. Whether legal or illegal. In particular a seventh century culture that is seemingly swamping our little island and replacing the great culture that has taken thousands of years to create. We've had enough! We want out of the EU's open border policies and take back control of our borders. Now that's not to say that there won't be any immigration into the UK in the future, of course there will. But we'll be able to choose who we let in.

[QUOTE="Ren57, post: 175491, member: 988". Whether legal or illegal. In particular a seventh century culture that is seemingly swamping our little island and replacing the great culture that has taken thousands of years to create..[/QUOTE]

Let’s not go there. I have bit of Navajo and a lot of Polynesian in my blood. Thus, what goes around comes around.

Reactions: deforestdiamond
Let’s not go there. I have bit of Navajo and a lot of Polynesian in my blood. Thus, what goes around comes around.
That's a very good point, well made. And you're right, what goes around certainly does come around. For a good proportion of British history, we were the slaves of the Roman Empire. That only served to make us even better in the future. I have some Viking and a lot of Anglo Saxon in my blood........

I can hardly believe that a thread that started as a wake up to mainstream news demonizing UAS use, has turned into what this thread has. Immigration legal or illegal has nothing to do with the original topic and in my opinion is bordering on distasteful.

Legal immigration is a means to help those that are oppressed and those looking for a way to better their lives. Illegal immigration is just that “illegal” and should be dealt with through the legal system of the country involved.

Any further posts not dealing with the OP will be deleted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio