Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The official maiden flight.

Reaction score
I decided to take the H+ to work two days ago for its official maiden flight. I work as a construction aerial surveyor in San Francisco, California. I am contracted by 4 developers, the electric company, communicaton, water&sewer as well as a cement company CEMEX where I shoot a lot of their stock piles. I work 7 days a week and I am only off, when it rains and it hardly rains in California.

One of my biggest problem that I have with this drone is that it is limited to where, I can fly. The majority of my work sites are within Airmaps NFZ, but I never had a problem with DJI drones, with the exception for this one. There are other threads of the new build firmware loosing GPS connection and flying away, and during this day, while on my last batter, 2 mins into the flight I lost GPS connection and the drone started to drift, but I would rather not start a new thread concerning a loss of GPS, but rather keep this on the lighter side of things.

I am loving this drone, but it needs work, not a lot, but minor little details... Such as........... Giving pilots, who are in the field prove that a Yuneec drone is a capable workhorse, but before we pilots can do that, YUNEEC has to step up and provide us with a solid firmware, and allow us the freedom of choice.

And lastly, I know a lot of you will ask be of who I am able to map with the Yuneec H+ so here's the run down. I flew a pattern and took video footage of the site, I then use Video To Image Converter (Mac) and converted the footage in still every 5 sec interval and ReCap Pro to render my map.

That is really awesome, I do a lot of time line construction videography, I had no idea this existed.
This is a great tool, now I have to learn how to use it.

I have Windows, hmmm is this only for Mac?
I like the H+ but reluctant to purchase right now, have you used this on the H?

@record.play.rewind

Super YouTube video! Thanks for sharing.

The H+ like just about all new drones was just recently birthed. It will take some time for it to mature through firmware updates and pilots sharing experiences on how to get the most out of it. If the past is any indicator that timeframe is likely 3-6 months.

That is really awesome, I do a lot of time line construction videography, I had no idea this existed.
This is a great tool, now I have to learn how to use it.

I have Windows, hmmm is this only for Mac?
I like the H+ but reluctant to purchase right now, have you used this on the H?

The video to image works both windows and Mac.
Glad to hear that you’re in construction as well.

Are you shooting inspection or stock pile?

@record.play.rewind

Super YouTube video! Thanks for sharing.

The H+ like just about all new drones was just recently birthed. It will take some time for it to mature through firmware updates and pilots sharing experiences on how to get the most out of it. If the past is any indicator that timeframe is likely 3-6 months.

I just wish that Yuneec build a somewhat bullet proof FW before releasing the drone.

Time-line and recently installation of 6 A/C units on Walgreens Stores

Nice one, brother! The only thing that kept me away from HVAC is that its a bit tricky, specially in my location and the need for a flir camera.

I just wish that Yuneec build a somewhat bullet proof FW before releasing the drone.

Everybody does but all drone manufacturers are racing to be the first to the consumer with the latest and greatest and they all will be releasing a number of firmware updates for the next few months at least. Hard to control capitalism in that way.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Everybody does but all drone manufacturers are racing to be the first to the consumer with the latest and greatest and they all will be releasing a number of firmware updates for the next few months at least. Hard to control capitalism in that way.

I can live with that to an extent.

I personally know DJI’s co-owner and product manager, I know how he thinks in terms of quality. We played with 3D RC Helicopters in both business and personal competition as well as R&D in drones developments for many years.

My separation is completely personal, and if any of you follow DJI he is the face of DJI as he created most and all of DJI products.

Let me know if you can spot the man and brain behind DJI products [emoji41]

IMG_8014.jpgIMG_8015.jpg

He is the guy explaining to Grant Imahara how the first ever electric RC Helicopter works. (This photo was taken years ago. I have recent photos, but I don’t think they would appreciate me posting the other BTS photos of their drones.... lol...)

There is no doubt he's a smart guy. DJI drones though are no more perfect than what Yuneec, Autel, Parrot, Anafi, etc. has to offer. The true genius of DJI is their marketing. Most DJI owners seem like acolytes to the brand.

This is true. Had DJI not thrown their system open for outside app development they would not be where they are now. I hate to sound like a broken record, but pretty much everything DJI does through apps is self contained in Pixhawk, which will also accommodate accessory equipment from different manufacturers. I have yet to determine why drone manufacturers are **** bent on re-inventing a flight controller to compete with something that already does everything better than what the drone manufacturers have generated. It’s almost like they don’t want their customers to have a highly reliable, versatile, user accessible, accurate, and well proven flight controller.

This is true. Had DJI not thrown their system open for outside app development they would not be where they are now. I hate to sound like a broken record, but pretty much everything DJI does through apps is self contained in Pixhawk, which will also accommodate accessory equipment from different manufacturers. I have yet to determine why drone manufacturers are **** bent on re-inventing a flight controller to compete with something that already does everything better than what the drone manufacturers have generated. It’s almost like they don’t want their customers to have a highly reliable, versatile, user accessible, accurate, and well proven flight controller.

Hahaha!! You nailed it Pat! be open and sponsoring everything in the media industry and everyone in social media. The last videographer that didn’t join the DJI bandwagon then and now is Brandon http://Brandon Lihttp:// due to MOZA Air, but everyone else is on that DJI ride.. UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

But nevertheless, I flew again! Today and yesterday day and the day before, competing my 3 day work weekend. Each day, I’m learning about this drone and this ship is one BAD MOTHA!!!! My confidence grows with each flight.

IF Yuneec manages to get the features they have with the original 480 incorporated into the Plus, and IF Yuneec pulls their head out and distributes a single firmware version that combines 520 and Plus capabilities into one, and IF Yuneec changed out the C23/E90 lens for better, they could hammer the market and cause SDK developers to seriously entertain creating apps for the system. To do that would require them to think logically and admit where they have failed in their market projections though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio