Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Singing Ringing Tree (Panopticon)

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Flight this morning at the Singing Tree near to Burnley in Lancashire. It's been several weeks since my last flight and I desperately needed to fly a new (to me) Power 4 battery that has been waiting for a first flight for around six weeks.

The Singing Ringing Tree is one of 4 (I think) Panopticons that are dotted around Lancashire in England. Look at this wiki Singing Ringing Tree (Panopticons) - Wikipedia

Does it make much noise? Is that area, "Area of outstanding natural beauty?" The nimbys down her in the Cotswolds would be up in arms about those sculptures, they complain all the time about everything!

Does it make much noise? Is that area, "Area of outstanding natural beauty?" The nimbys down her in the Cotswolds would be up in arms about those sculptures, they complain all the time about everything!
It's supposed to make a whistling sound if the wind blows in a certain direction. Wasn't making a sound this morning...prolly wind in wrong direction. The sculpture is about 300m away from a small 'B'road and the nearest dwelling must easily be over a mile away...so no local nimbys

Nice, my only question is, is that your pooch in your avatar ?
In all honesty I used that picture mainly because I was at a loss as to what picture to use. I didn't want to use a picture of myself...I have to look at myself every morning in the mirroe and it's a frightening experience. So on my interweb wanderings I came across the startled dog picture and thought it was kinda cute, so I used that. It depicts my look when I have a near miss with a tree :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: thetrecker
What about Flushvision? Flush with cash and a vision, or from a plumbing perspective, a flush?

What about Flushvision? Flush with cash and a vision, or from a plumbing perspective, a flush?
The Flush part comes from my C.B. days where my 'handle' was Blueflush. In fact at the end of a conversation I used to say "This is the Blueflush...going around the bend and down the drain...3-2-1 I'm gone" Blu Flush is/was a brand name for a cleaner you put down a toilet...I dunno if they still make it.

Now it's FlushVision. I used Vision because well...it just seemed appropriate for a flying camera.

The Flush part comes from my C.B. days where my 'handle' was Blueflush. In fact at the end of a conversation I used to say "This is the Blueflush...going around the bend and down the drain...3-2-1 I'm gone" Blu Flush is/was a brand name for a cleaner you put down a toilet...I dunno if they still make it.

Now it's FlushVision. I used Vision because well...it just seemed appropriate for a flying camera.
AM or FM ? I had a massive sigma antenna on my house and basestation, that brings back some memories.

AM or FM ? I had a massive sigma antenna on my house and basestation, that brings back some memories.
Originally AM in the early days when I used to be on the road doing a daily run from Mancheter to Worcester and then Northampton...back to Manchestr then later in the 1980's went over to FM. Came off the road in 1995 to work as a statistician for a mail order company so I stopped using CB. I returned to CB both AM and FM in 2014 after I retired from working at The Manchester College but only for a short while since there seemed to be very few doing it anymore at that time. I've still got my 'rig' but it's now gathering dust.

Edit: At one time I had a Silver Rod antenna strapped to the chimney of my house I had at the time until it blew down in a storm.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval