Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thermal Camera Options for Typhoon H Pro

Reaction score
Yuneec no longer manufacturers the CGOET (YUNCGOETUS) for the Typhoon H. Has anyone attempted to hack the CGOET for the H520 (YUNETUS) to work with a Typhoon H? The H is 32bit and the H520 is 64 bit so one would think it would be possible to "downgrade" the H520 CGOET to work on an H. Yuneec says the cameras are not compatible/interchangeable with the H. If no, then does anyone know of any aftermarket thermal options for the Typhoon H series?

I've not heard of any aftermarket thermal options... but I've not been interested in pursuing that area, so I've done little research on it. IMHO, it will be more likely that the YUNETUS may be able to work on the upcoming H+. Once actually released, we'll known what options will be available.

I know Carolina Dronz lists it as out of stock but I wonder if any of the other shops may have a last one on the shelf.

Vertigo lists out of stock...

Look to the private sellers for greatest availability. The camera did not sell in large numbers due to price point and level of resolution. Dealers had to buy them to carry them and most of them recognized early they would not be big sellers so there’s not a lot of them out there.

Thanks for the responses. I have already tried all the suggestions. I am unable to find a YUNCGOETUS anywhere for sale including eBay, Amazon, BHPhotoVideo, Vertigo Drones, Carolina Dronz or Crutchfield. I have even tried to find a used/refurb unit without success. I also asked Yuneec if the EU version (YUNCGOETEU) would work with a US-based/purchased aircraft and they indicated the firmware is different. I would think it would be easier to update/replace the EU firmware with US firmware than to hack an H520. I wish Yuneec had given these cameras a different model name as this leads to a lot of confusion and misinformation. As a small business it is difficult to justify purchase of a new aircraft just to get the thermal camera as I already operate 2 H's. The cost of the camera is steep enough without adding the cost of another airframe as well which make the H Plus option less desirable for this same reason. If anyone has other ideas or finds availability please post to this thread. If I had the financial/design resources I might pursue an aftermarket offering for an H thermal cam... I'm sure there is a growing market and other operators in the same position.. but then if I could afford to do that I could just purchase and H520 ;o}

This will be considerably off base but there’s a guy on another forum selling a relatively new 3DR X8 for $500.00. I paid $1500.00 for mine when they were in production. They don’t utilize a “video to the transmitter screen” system but utilize a separate video transmitter to an independent wireless monitor.

Fitting the X-8 with a Foxtech IR camera would be very easy to do and provide the ability to control the camera in at least two axis from the aircraft controller. As the X-8 uses the Pixhawk FC it is far superior to the H and also allows autonomous flight operations using a laptop and telemetry radio system. The downside is you would have to learn a bit about how the system works in order to take full advantage if it.

Ultimately you would end up with a vastly superior system that will provide safe manual or programmable operations at a lower cost. Barring having a transmitter with a video panel it would possess all the attributes of a Typhoon H, a 520, an H Plus, and then some.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval