Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thermal for the H Plus?

Not at this time. I'm hoping the E10T series will be supported in the future but right now only the H520 can be used with those cameras.

Not at this time. I'm hoping the E10T series will be supported in the future but right now only the H520 can be used with those cameras.
Seems really odd that they would skip over the H plus from the H to the 520. Makes no sense to me.

Seems really odd that they would skip over the H plus from the H to the 520. Makes no sense to me.
Perhaps. However, the Plus is designed as a photography/videography platform. The 520 is designed for mapping, inspections and SAR.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Unfortunatly, I was confused by the designation "Plus" on the typhoon H Plus, thinking it was an upgraded "H".

Unfortunatly, I was confused by the designation "Plus" on the typhoon H Plus, thinking it was an upgraded "H".
It's hard to keep the designations straight. The H does have a thermal cam available. It's the CGO-ET which is two cameras in one body. A low light 1080p camera and a low res thermal camera. There are a few used ones for sale but still costly.

Perhaps. However, the Plus is designed as a photography/videography platform. The 520 is designed for mapping, inspections and SAR.
Design for consume and commercial is a little different. It's reasonable user want a platform to support all functions and company want to get maximal revnew and would be some tradeoff finially.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It's reasonable user want a platform to support all functions
I can understand certain limits on the Plus compared to the H520. However, I would expect the 520 to have all of the functions of the Plus and the H. The limitations on the 520 seem unreasonable. Lack of the pano and trim pad functions are two features that have not yet been added. The recent updates to the 520 have improved the functionality and are great. Yuneec just needs to keep making progress on these.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I am very pleased with my H+ and I used it today to help some lost Insurance guys who were looking for a building damaged in a tornado last night. Unfortunately the building was no longer there. I would really like to have had Thermal as there were missing animals as well.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49