Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This is being named the H520 4G/LTE for BVLOS

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So this popped up on my LinkedIn news feed today. Not sure if it is a genuine product or something someone has conjured up themselves. Google does not bring back any results that I could find.
This is the description that went along with the photos.
"This is a prototype of H520 4G/LTE comm version with NLOS flight capabilities and long flight range. will be available soon"

Make of this what you will but worth posting about.
520 4G:LTE 1.jpeg

520 4G:LTE 2.jpeg520 4G:LTE 3.jpeg
520 4G:LTE 4.jpeg

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr
For me, it's a fake. It is a repainted H520 (we see very well the orange color below and especially in the battery compartment.A camera has been added to the front and it must be the transmission module underneath.
Besides, the painting is faded, it drools everywhere.
A device in 4G / LTe on the same frequency as phones, is considering damages.
Already the H520 falls from the sky alone with its battery ................. It should not be added.

Last edited:
For me, it's a fake. It is a repainted H520 (we see very well the orange color below and especially in the battery compartment.A camera has been added to the front and it must be the transmission module underneath.
A device in 4G / LTe on the same frequency as laptops, damaging the damage.
Already the H520 falls from the sky alone with its battery ................. It should not be added.

I too thought that about the paint but if it is a prototype maybe the final product will be painted a little better hahahahaha

Don't be too quick to discount the advantages of 4g/LTE technology for consumer drones. It has been talked about for the last 3 years or more as the next big leap in RC control technology with sveral companies now offering it in their models..
Benefits of 4G Drone Technology vs Wireless Networks - Dronesinsite
4G Drones vs Radio Controlled Drones - Dragon Blogger Technology
Using Sky Drone FPV with QGroundControl for full 4G/LTE drone control

I just read this articles, I did not know. It is a viable solution, but anyway we fly on sight so go further does not serve much. Moreover an internet connection is not bad but what about hacking which is becoming easier nowadays. TCP host address: 127.0.0.1, TCP port: 5235 and who can take control of the device?
It will be necessary that the connection is hyper-secure.
Case to follow.

The 127.0.0 range is always local, it is calling your own device, not an external one. You are connecting locally to a server that theoretically has already implemented security to the outside with another ip.

Not a bonafided Yuneec Prototype. Far too many things wrong with the entire photograph to even list. This is a Drone Shop's custom hack for sure.

Reactions: BigAl07
I repainted my car. It's not a fake. It's just not a factory job.
It is appears though, that this experiment was not done at Yuneec.

I repainted my car. It's not a fake. It's just not a factory job.
It is appears though, that this experiment was not done at Yuneec.

I hope your car is better painted, because this H520 seems to have been painted with a broom instead of a brush :p:p:p

Reactions: DCH
It was quite a bad decision to paint it with gray colour.

I guess they have had own hardware box in gray and decided to paint their drone with a matching colour not thinking much that it would be hard to see in the sky.

Reactions: Metnik

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval