Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thoughts on batteries MAH

Reaction score
Hi guys just charged my batteries that come with my drone and just noticed the reading is different should I be concerned IMG_20180711_181531.jpegIMG_20180711_181538.jpeg

next you are going to claim advertised flight times are not accurate... :eek:

next you are going to claim advertised flight times are not accurate... :eek:

;)

Well, there are many standards bodies for a lot of electrical and electronic devices, cars, etc.... just wondering if there are any to keep the MAH claims honest. o_O

Flight times claimed have no standards therefore they’re all fantasies in my book.

Is there any reason to believe the MAH ratings put on batteries by the companies?

Depends on who it is. The more expensive, well established brand names tend to be more accurate than the discount brands. However, with the adoption of UN and IATA lipo shipping regulations I would think all the manufacturers have been looking for ways to ship larger quantities for less cost.

I can’t remember which brand it was, but about 3 years ago one manufacturer was placing a second label over the original, with a lower rating on the second label. People were buying larger capacity batteries only to see a lower capacity value on them after receiving them. Lots of really ticked off people until someone discovered the outer false label could be peeled away to have the right one. The act was intentional fraud to allow more batteries in each air shipment than the regs allowed.

You can get a lot more 5400mA batteries in a shipment than you can 6300’s. The allowable shipped quantity is cell amp hour limited. If one was looking to maximize profit to the last possible 1/100 of a cent, what might they do to obtain it?

Last edited:
As I recall at one time there was a 5400 mah limit on lipos for air shipping. I think that has changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval