Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time to connect with camera

I was informed by a technical man in Yuneec UK today that they were aware of the long time to connect the camera. A temporary fix after 20 seconds wait or so was to refresh the camera connection on the ST 16. I imagine this will be one of the the snags that will come with the first updates patch.

Reactions: HarveyC
I receive welcome pilot immediately after the app opens, the connecting to camera over wifi takes 2-5 minutes and in some cases I have to reboot the Typhoon H.

Hopefully they resolve the issue soon as waiting around on the ground with battery draining is not ideal even though the power draw is low.

I had the same issue with my Typhoon H. I do agree it is a rather long period of time and it is using up valuable flight time. I'm sure Yuneec will come up with a fix in this model or future models.

Agreed! Someone in QA should have picked that up but it was probably not on the checklist and nobody cared to actually point it out.

Same here too, about 3 minutes on average to connect. Do not get Welcome Pilot message until after connect.

If you click the settings menu and accept the warning and then back right back out the camera connects right away or it does for me anyway.
Obviously a firmware issue and there should be a fix coming.

If you click the settings menu and accept the warning and then back right back out the camera connects right away or it does for me anyway.
Obviously a firmware issue and there should be a fix coming.
Will try that next flight!

Wow.this is amazing. We have pushed and pushed for them to release the H, now we ***** because it's not perfect. Give them some time. They WILL come out with fixes. Cheezze.i am enjoying flying the heck outta mine

Wow.this is amazing. We have pushed and pushed for them to release the H, now we ***** because it's not perfect. Give them some time. They WILL come out with fixes. Cheezze.i am enjoying flying the heck outta mine
Could be that the so called delay was because they needed to do a firmware so people didn't need to do it out of the box. Nothing like hearing that we still have to update **** near immediately. Oh and I get to call to have them repair my ST-16 since it arrived with the rattling fans as well. I love mine and know it will all get corrected but after this initial release fiasco, then yes I feel complaints about inexcusable issues missed in QA are more than acceptable.

Rebinding the camera didn't change boot time for me and nor does in and out the menu. Must be hit or miss

Did you go into your settings on your ST 16.

Same issue here but worse. I have even waited 5-10 minutes and camera not connected.

What seems to work for me is going into the settings and click on the reset button..
Now another issue is I don't see the cgo3 camera to bind (shows please select device) after a couple of reboots both drone and st16 I see the camera and pair it put in the 1234567890 and it works
Issue is it's a 15 minute process though.

I just got my drone yesterday and I need to upgrade the st16 firmware will that fix it?(hopefully one day I can do it over a wifi connection)

Turn on the ST16. When you see the words "YUNEEC", turn on the "H". By the time the "H" boots up the ST16 will already be searching for it. Look at the left side of the camera (from the front), the light will be red. If the light does not turn to a solid green within 1 minute, then repeat the entire process. Waiting any longer is just wasting battery flight time power. This is something I'm sure Yuneec will address over the coming months.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I have not tried this on the Typhoon, as mine is in the shop for repairs/replacement, but when I owned a DJI Phantom Standard (the WiFi version), it sometimes had similar connection camera problems. The issue was that the controller was either too close to the Phantom or that there was interference causing errors in handshaking, thus causing the connection to recycle over and over. The fix was just to restart the process but stand in a different location from the Phantom. This could be the same problem with the Typhoon, but as noted, I can't test it at the moment.

Turn on the ST16. When you see the words "YUNEEC", turn on the "H". By the time the "H" boots up the ST16 will already be searching for it. Look at the left side of the camera (from the front), the light will be red. If the light does not turn to a solid green within 1 minute, then repeat the entire process. Waiting any longer is just wasting battery flight time power. This is something I'm sure Yuneec will address over the coming months.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I have not tried this on the Typhoon, as mine is in the shop for repairs/replacement, but when I owned a DJI Phantom Standard (the WiFi version), it sometimes had similar connection camera problems. The issue was that the controller was either too close to the Phantom or that there was interference causing errors in handshaking, thus causing the connection to recycle over and over. The fix was just to restart the process but stand in a different location from the Phantom. This could be the same problem with the Typhoon, but as noted, I can't test it at the moment.
Thanks for the tip.think i figured it out with your help. so you need that green light on the camera for it to work. if it doesn't than reboot the drone. From there if taking some time go into camera settings and click refresh. Immediately go back to home screen and it connects haven't had any issues
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval