Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To ask for update new firmware

A "what not to do" story.....

Good evening, my Typhoon H Plus' primary ST16s system (controller) and app (app) firmware revisions are each:
_1.1.03_20190320.

My secondary ST16s system (controller and app) were:
_1.0.08_20180507 each.

I have achieved a split between the secondary ST16s' controller and app firmware revisions:
Controller_1.0.08_20180507
APP_1.1.03_20190320

In team mode, the RCs connect and the video is displayed on the secondary (slave) ST16s, the record feature functions, however, the camera pitch and yaw camera controls do not.
In traditional camera control, the c23 pitches about 45 degrees down straight, aimed forward only.
In joystick camera control, the c23 will pitch to a neutral position, again with no yaw control.

Confession, I downloaded the APK to a micro SD, inserted into the secondary ST16s and started the install after only a 1/2 hour of reviewing the Yuneec Pilot posts, WTFD and YuneecSkins instructions.

I can't convince the ST16s to accept the TyphoonPlus Controller Build 822 from the micro SD card.

Anyway, grateful for the resources here, I need to read more slowly and act even more slowly....

I can't convince the ST16s to accept the TyphoonPlus Controller Build 822 from the micro SD card.
What size card are you using in the ST16S? The largest they will work with is a 32GB formatted in FAT32. Anything larger and they don’t function properly.

Reactions: MountainDroneTN
What size card are you using in the ST16S? The largest they will work with is a 32GB formatted in FAT32. Anything larger and they don’t function properly.
Hi, thanks. Its a 32 GB, however, it may not be FAT32 formatted. Can't remember if I tried to format it with the ST16s or on the MacBook

.... my Typhoon H Plus' ....

Lots to discuss here:
".... my Typhoon H Plus' primary ST16s system (controller) and app (app) firmware revisions are each:
_1.1.03_20190320."
Please check again. The controller should be "20190312" instead of matching the APP's "20190320".

".......feature functions, however, the camera pitch and yaw camera controls do not.
In traditional camera control, the c23 pitches about 45 degrees down straight, aimed forward only."
Were the gimbal controls working normally before the update?

"..... I downloaded the APK to a micro SD, inserted into the secondary ST16s....

......I have achieved a split between the secondary ST16s' controller and app firmware revisions:....."
You mentioned putting the APK on the SD card (Phase 2). Please confirm you also copied the controller files to the SD card load via "Phase 3" of the guidance.

Lots to discuss here:
".... my Typhoon H Plus' primary ST16s system (controller) and app (app) firmware revisions are each:
_1.1.03_20190320."
Please check again. The controller should be "20190312" instead of matching the APP's "20190320".

".......feature functions, however, the camera pitch and yaw camera controls do not.
In traditional camera control, the c23 pitches about 45 degrees down straight, aimed forward only."
Were the gimbal controls working normally before the update?

"..... I downloaded the APK to a micro SD, inserted into the secondary ST16s....

......I have achieved a split between the secondary ST16s' controller and app firmware revisions:....."
You mentioned putting the APK on the SD card (Phase 2). Please confirm you also copied the controller files to the SD card load via "Phase 3" of the guidance.
Hi and thanks,
1st item, photo attached, hope that's where I'd find the firmware status * (edit added) for the ST16s

2nd item, unknown, however, after update* (edit added) J3 appeared slightly below center and I tried the controller test and now J3 remains "red"

3rd item, I only copied the Typhoon H Plus APK file from the YuneecSkins library

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi and thanks,
1st item, photo attached, hope that's where I'd find the firmware status * (edit added) for the ST16s

2nd item, unknown, however, after update* (edit added) J3 appeared slightly below center and I tried the controller test and now J3 remains "red"

3rd item, I only copied the Typhoon H Plus APK file from the YuneecSkins library
1st item, photo attached, hope that's where I'd find the firmware status
It is. I'm a little confused by the system date. I suspect you are actually on build 829 instead of 822, but I don't have a full copy of that build I can install to check it out. Maybe someone else can comment. You can check the build number by going to "Settings/About Tablet/Build Number":
Build Number.png

Sounds like we will need to talk about the controller after the firmware is straightened out.

Just need to finish the update and see where we stand before moving on to the next issue.

Last edited:
1st item, photo attached, hope that's where I'd find the firmware status
It is. I'm a little confused by the system date. I suspect you are actually on build 829 instead of 822, but I don't have a full copy of that build I can install to check it out. Maybe someone else can comment.

Sounds like we will need to talk about the controller after the firmware is straightened out.

Just need to finish the update and see where we stand before moving on to the next issue.
Thank you very much, I'm working phase 3 right now, can't seem to get the ST16s to boot up from the micro SD. I'm using a MacBook, somehow I was able to do the APP firmware update earlier, might ask a neighbor if they have a PC

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thank you very much, I'm working phase 3 right now, can't seem to get the ST16s to boot up from the micro SD. I'm using a MacBook, somehow I was able to do the APP firmware update earlier, might ask a neighbor if they have a PC
We were typing at the same time. When you get a chance, check your build number as mentioned in the edit I was doing to my last post.

We were typing at the same time. When you get a chance, check your build number as mentioned in the edit I was doing to my last post.
Yes, primary ST16s is a build 829. I'll need to restart phase 3, set the securities to allow unknown sources, yet, it (edit: "it" is the second or camera operating ST16s for team mode) won't boot up on the micro SD, file manager shows the following (photo). [2nd edit: battery at 7 %], it's on the DY5 charger. Thanks again WTFDproject :)

3rd Edit: Latest- second controller charged enough to allow 822 update, charging both ST16s batteries now.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
ST16s fully charged.
Primary RC- build 829, 0320 Controller and 0320 App
Secondary RC build 822, 0312 Controller and 0320 App
YUNTYHPRBPUS with 50% charged stock battery

Secondary RC gimbal J3 fails the Flight Control - Controller test, in the app it also exhibits "crosstalk" when other gimbal movements are made, however, J3 does return to nearly zero.

Guarded GOOD news, the team mode works and the secondary RC's control of the camera seems, to my inexperienced eyes, to be adequately smooth and functional.

Grateful for the Yuneec Pilots' helpful explanations from the brain trust and the team who built the WTFDproject Rev 89 document and firmware files!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33