Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

toilet bowl and failure to decend correctly

Reaction score
Todays flight has a combination of toilet bowl and very slow to decend, Here is the link to my google drive share. telemetry - Google Drive
The problem was at the end of the flight, If anyone can interperet I would apprieciate it.
I have had the slow decend problem the last few flights now, usually a reboot of the H will result in a good flight.
Flight conditions were overcast about 46 degrees, a bit of gusty winds.
link to edditied video with out the issues except some twitchy flight/cam from winds.

TB and failure to descend seem to be close relatives together with the compass and GPS. I'm guessing if you turn off the GPS when you see the problem, it will immediately fly normal. You could also try home mode to auto land if you have enough room to do so without worrying about hitting anything. Sometimes just going back up and then down a few times will work.

Todays flight has a combination of toilet bowl and very slow to decend, Here is the link to my google drive share. telemetry - Google Drive
The problem was at the end of the flight, If anyone can interperet I would apprieciate it.
I have had the slow decend problem the last few flights now, usually a reboot of the H will result in a good flight.
Flight conditions were overcast about 46 degrees, a bit of gusty winds.
link to edditied video with out the issues except some twitchy flight/cam from winds.

The toilet bowl is common with some of the compasses. I am assuming there were a few bad batches that slipped through the crack. I have mine in for repairs. Been almost 2 weeks and it had the toilet bowl issue. Turning off gps will almost always correct it. Just know how to fly manual.

The toilet bowl is common with some of the compasses. I am assuming there were a few bad batches that slipped through the crack. I have mine in for repairs. Been almost 2 weeks and it had the toilet bowl issue. Turning off gps will almost always correct it. Just know how to fly manual.
Most people have never seen the technical explanation for this anomaly so here ya go:

The GPS and the compass live on the same module. They're married. The GPS is male and is in the drivers seat. The compass is female and is in the back seat. Sometimes the compass will tell the GPS it's going the wrong way. An argument ensues. During that time nobody is driving and the H goes in circles. Since you can't turn off the compass, the male has to be silenced. Normal flight resumes.
There is a lot of drama that takes place inside the H during a flight. You can't see it, you only see the results.

Most people have never seen the technical explanation for this anomaly so here ya go:

The GPS and the compass live on the same module. They're married. The GPS is male and is in the drivers seat. The compass is female and is in the back seat. Sometimes the compass will tell the GPS it's going the wrong way. An argument ensues. During that time nobody is driving and the H goes in circles. Since you can't turn off the compass, the male has to be silenced. Normal flight resumes.
There is a lot of drama that takes place inside the H during a flight. You can't see it, you only see the results.
Hahahaha that was a pretty good way to sum it up. For your sake I hope your wife does not read the forum or you will be grounded.

:D Never will there be a better explanation; to those of us who live outside the realm of electronic gadgetry, just how such gadgetry works. Bravo!

Here is the link to my google drive share. telemetry - Google Drive
BTW, I did look through the telemetry and I see no errors or a hint of what caused the issue. The only concern I had when reviewing it was the low sat count before launch. I've gotten in the habit of waiting until I have at least 15 on the display. Even though the count continues to rise during flight, it seems like I have a more stable flight if I wait a couple of minutes. I can't explain why and it's a subjective observation.

That was a great explanation. I used a similar one a few weeks ago with a client. That’s why mine is in for repairs. I could have fixed it. I have been tinkering with electronics since I was a kid. No explanation needed. But some of us need that. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Steve Carr

With your explanation I can see a simple solution, Yuneec needs to program the "Aux" button on the ST16 to eject the back seat passenger!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop