Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Toilet bowl with crash (just lost one prop) during follow me.

Reaction score
I have the Intel realsense module and I just tried the follow me mode near my house. The craft seemed to detect what was ahead of it, but toilet bowled itself whenever it saw an object in front of it. One of those toilet bowls took it into the roof of my house, which prompted shredded a prop. On the good side of things, the craft didn't seem to know it. Any other uAV would have dropped to the ground.

Is there a manual or any instruction on how it is really supposed to work?

Oh and to answer the first question, the craft doesn't toilet bowl, except in follow-me mode. I know someone is gonna ask that...

I called Yuneec about it. Realsense only works when the drone is in automatic mode. He said that included during return to home (although I really don't have the guts to try that). When you are operating in manual (controlling the sticks), only the sonar is working.

If enabled in the ST16, RealSense only works with Follow Me and Watch Me modes within Smart Mode. The only other thing it will do is keep you from landing with the landing gear up.

If it was toilet bowling there’s a chance the compas needed calibration or that you were close to a lot of metal objects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430