Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tornado H920 Any word on the UPGRADE??

Reaction score
I have been looking into this for the past 2 months and no one has a clear idea. I bought 3 of the H920's because we were told by the production manager that we would be getting free upgrades.. And now no one knows anything. I hear that the UK is already ( and has been ) doing it.

Yep, they have been. The last I was told, it would be a pay for upgrade, to include, a new st16 and the labor for installing the hardware upgrade into the H920. The timeline I was told, was middle of this month. I plan to call again tomorrow, its my Friday ritual.

Well, another wasted 45 minutes on hold with Yuneec USA, Mike says "we don't have an upgrade path yet, we are waiting on the higher ups for direction". I say, have the higher ups answer the phones for a day and explain that to the customers. lol

Reactions: xavif315
Well, another wasted 45 minutes on hold with Yuneec USA, Mike says "we don't have an upgrade path yet, we are waiting on the higher ups for direction". I say, have the higher ups answer the phones for a day and explain that to the customers. lol

Im gonna go in the Ontario office again on Monday. With the H920 and CG04 in hand.

its so bad that you guys are getting the run around ive had my pluss since late january ... i did buy it as a plus.... but i know of people over here that have had the upgrade ....as a side note you will lose duel op mode after the upgrade ........ talking to a guy that had the upgrade so knew the old bird which as he puts it "was like wrestling a whale in she sky in non gps mode" he says its a great improment ... i think its a great bird to fly loving the cgo 4 camera quality .....on that note can any one tell me what the differance is between mp4 and mp4ed please

I am surprised to no longer have a "team mode" after upgrade my H920 to H920 "plus"! In video production, the path of the drone is not always predictable!
Yuneec Europe service says:
there is a technical background why it isn`t possible to fly H920plus in team mode. The copter needs information´s out of
gimbal for mission control so we can`t divide copter and camera. In Typhoon H it´s another mission control system.
The ST12 is no longer usable for you and it`s part of the deal, upgrade free of charge for your ST24 and ST12.
Attention: do not send your ST12!!!!!

The CGO4 user manual and the Panasonic GH4 manual reference a MP4(LPCM) format for image editing. Could this be similar to the MP4ed format? Hope this helps.
Video editing is beyond my knowledge level.

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
there are ways around it ....

i have heard of people doing that
but its not the solution i have

The CGO4 user manual and the Panasonic GH4 manual reference a MP4(LPCM) format for image editing. Could this be similar to the MP4ed format? Hope this helps.
Video editing is beyond my knowledge level.
Yes, it is possible... depending your editing software!

Wow. You sure are contributing some valuable knowledge to this thread..

In exchange, I will tell you how to grow a million dollars cash right out of your own toilet!!

Wait.. I forgot the book at home.
/s
at the moment i dont know how this will pan out but lets just say it involves a modified cgo4 and a second st16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval