Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Town Pans

Reaction score
This video was something of an experiment. I'd found 2 launch sites very close to my home town center (one either side), and worked out my distances carefully so that I was a good legal distance away from surrounding houses, and resolved to go pretty much straight up and down so I wasn't overflying any buildings in a serious way. And we might as well be spinning while we do that...

But, unlike the pans in my last video, these ones are slightly jerky, which is annoying, because it isn't there playing back the originals, but is in the final output. It's most noticeable here on the first location. I think this was down to 2 factors - 1. I'm at 50 fps this time, as opposed to 60 before, and 2. not having an ND filter on - I was having to set exposure quite low at 1/800 (ISO100) or similar in the bright afternoon light. If I'd have had an ND4/8 I might have been able to get 1/100, double the frame rate, which should fix that. Still not sure why the original seemed totally smooth though. I checked the project settings vs video stats, and they were set right there.

But anyway, it's a fairly interesting view on the ground, so I quite like it anyway :)

I've just taken a look in Google Earth at Petersfield and I can see where you took off from. Yes, a bit tight I agree, and you were right to do a straight up and down. Petersfield skate park looks a bit more forgiving, and that park that conains Heath Pond looks very good. Is there an issue with those other places or were you just wanting to get as close to the town centre as possible?

Reactions: AeroJ
I've just taken a look in Google Earth at Petersfield and I can see where you took off from. Yes, a bit tight I agree, and you were right to do a straight up and down. Petersfield skate park looks a bit more forgiving, and that park that conains Heath Pond looks very good. Is there an issue with those other places or were you just wanting to get as close to the town centre as possible?
Yep - just trying to get as close to the center as possible. The Town Council and EHDC have extended permissions to fly in all the main heath areas except the main drag by the lake, where the majority of the people are, which is great, and I use them all the time, but as you mentioned before I don't wanna get TOO repetitive so always for looking for new places...

The skate park is indeed a good area, and I have flown there few times before, but the problem I have there is that as soon as you get a flyer in the air, all the kids form the skate park come running over, surround you, and then ask constant questions while I am trying to concentrate / fly the machine :) So I only go there when I am feeling very confident in my machine, and this one is still quite new to me. Anyway, cheers for looking ! :)

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval