Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

transmitter mk58

I can't uninstall the Flight mode app with out rooting the ST16 and I can't figure out how to do that.
I think it's already "rooted". Running 'adb shell' and issuing 'su' gives you root shell. Be careful not to bork it though. I have no idea how to put it in fastboot and where to get flashable images (i admit not having looked into those .yuneec files)

I think it's already "rooted". Running 'adb shell' and issuing 'su' gives you root shell. Be careful not to bork it though. I have no idea how to put it in fastboot and where to get flashable images (i admit not having looked into those .yuneec files)

You can do ADB shell 'su' but I think wasn't able to uninstall flightmode. I'm trying to remember if specifically tried after doing adb shell SU or if I just tried uninstalling with ADB uninstall. I don't know the command to do uninstall for the shell so maybe I didn't try?

The st16 is no rooted. The simple road is to have the .yuneec(.zip) password file do extract it

Why do you think that would work? If the ST16 update file is like the ST24 update file then after you unzip it you would just end up with a bunch of files including the Flightmode,apk. The camera settings file that we think is the one that needs to be modified is in the flightmode APK but we can't seem to modify apk and then make it so it can be installable.

So I dont think having the password to the update file wouldn't help us.

You can do ADB shell 'su' but I think wasn't able to uninstall flightmode. I'm trying to remember if specifically tried after doing adb shell SU or if I just tried uninstalling with ADB uninstall. I don't know the command to do uninstall for the shell so maybe I didn't try?
Unless my memory fails me you don't need to uninstall anything. Replace the APK file in '/system/app' (or whatever the path was). Just back up the old one in case something goes wrong. Unless it checks the APK signature against the platform key you should be good to go.

You may need to remount system partition as writable.

Or some other interesting problem may arise. YMMV and excercise caution. It has been a while since i last messed with android internals.

Unless my memory fails me you don't need to uninstall anything. Replace the APK file in '/system/app' (or whatever the path was). Just back up the old one in case something goes wrong. Unless it checks the APK signature against the platform key you should be good to go.

You may need to remount system partition as writable.

Or some other interesting problem may arise. YMMV and excercise caution. It has been a while since i last messed with android internals.

You are saying replace the apk with mine and then do what do get it to install? A factory reset? I don't really think it will work because one of the problems I was having with a version of apk that I modified was that it couldn't use the same shared user (android.uid.system) as the existing app because it was signed with a different key. I'm thinking that shared user id is also being used by apps other than flightmode and therefore won't let me use it for my modified apk with a different signature. But it might be worth a try.

I don't really think it will work because one of the problems I was having with a version of apk that I modified was that it couldn't use the same shared user (android.uid.system) as the existing app because it was signed with a different key.
I didn't know that it was using a shared user user. And yes, when under shared user they need to be signed with the same key. So, unless you find the signing key or are willing to modify your system even more it's a dead end. For me it personally crosses the threshold of what i'd be ready to modify in that thing.

I didn't know that it was using a shared user user. And yes, when under shared user they need to be signed with the same key. So, unless you find the signing key or are willing to modify your system even more it's a dead end. For me it personally crosses the threshold of what i'd be ready to modify in that thing.

Thanks. That is kind of what I figured. Since you seem know more about this, is a shared user used for sharing data between different apps or is it also/instead used for accessing parts of the OS or hardware? I guess I'm wondering if it really was just shared between apps then if I identified which ones then I could theoretically resign them with my key and get it working. But if the shared user is used for something else (which seems likely to me), then that wouldn't work. I'm not really sure I want to risk anything more on my ST16, but I am really curious.

Thanks. That is kind of what I figured. Since you seem know more about this, is a shared user used for sharing data between different apps or is it also/instead used for accessing parts of the OS or hardware? I guess I'm wondering if it really was just shared between apps then if I identified which ones then I could theoretically resign them with my key and get it working. But if the shared user is used for something else (which seems likely to me), then that wouldn't work. I'm not really sure I want to risk anything more on my ST16, but I am really curious.
Quite a lot of core android stuff runs under it. It's a system user as the name suggests. I can only guess it may be needed to access radio hardware and have control over wifi.

Thus i think you will not get away with just re-signing (a lot of) other applications.

Android security part 1: application signatures & permissions - Boundary Devices

The st16 is no rooted. The simple road is to have the .yuneec(.zip) password file do extract it
I know this an old thread and I'm still not sure how it helps but I think I accidentally figured out how to remove the password from the update.zip file.

Here is what I did:
I downloaded the update ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec from https://yuneecskins.com/downloads. If we rename that file to a .zip we can see that it contains the password protected update.zip file. So instead I put the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec file on to the sd card and put the sd card into the ST16. I then went to the System Settings -> About Controller and clicked "Update" . It says "Upacking update..." for a while. After it finished I turned off the ST16 and removed the SD card. When I looked at the card in windows it had the update.zip file on it and it is no longer password protected.

The ST16, with the appropriate ADB drivers, supports full ADB SU with 'chmod' and 'cp' commands (the last is deleted intentionally in the ST10+).

Everyone can do everything inside until the box isn't bricked. About the unbricking, I have no idea. There was a man from the UK, who have some ideas about how to bring these controllers back to life, but I didn't see a shared solution.

So, be careful...

Somebody added MK58?

This task went to my focus from yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval