Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trouble connecting h to my computer

Are you using the GUI? Start the GUI then power on the TH then connect the USB cable.

Are you using the USB “data” cable that came with the system?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes USB that came with it and I have gui download turned on drone then plugged in but nothing reading on pc

This is all I get

Attachments

• 1605219984518232638121206866512.jpg
    1605219984518232638121206866512.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 16052202655866486003191420037944.jpg
    16052202655866486003191420037944.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Power up the ST16 and the aircraft and go to System Settings, About. If your versions are the same or newer you are up to date.
5CE98747-69F8-4B90-9FE6-CC788ECD063C.jpeg
When you installed the GUI did you also install the C++ Runtime library for the updated version of the GUI? It may be why the TH is not seen when plugged into the USB port.

You can check the USB cable for data capability by connecting the ST16 to your computer. It should show up as an external drive in File Explorer.

Yes the only difference mine says gimbal verison: v1.27 and I dont think I installed c++ I downloaded gui off of jon yuneecskins.com site

Reactions: Steve Carr
It did come up when I plugged in the st16 but it keep kicking me out saying
The port 'COM9' does not exist

The gimbal version you have is newer so it should be fine.

This is the warning in Details from the download from the Yuneec website:

WINDOWS ONLY
The 2017 Visual C++ Redistributable update is required to run the Typhoon H GUI

This is the x64 version of the 2017 C++ redistributable for windows. Remove the .txt after you download it. I added it to allow upload to the forum. If you have a 32 bit version of Windows you’ll need to find the 32bit version on the Microsoft site. I think this is needed to have the USB port emulate a normal serial port. I vaguely remember having the same issue when I first used the GUI.

Attachments

• VC_redist.x64.exe.txt
    14.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Are you selecting USB or Serial Port as connection method?

I connect using USB, but leave the connection type as Serial (Comm) Port.

I am running Win10 Pro 64 bit on a ThinkPad laptop. I also run the GUI as Administrator.

Yes same here except I run hp 15 laptop windows 10 64 bit with it processor. And I have tried it both ways USB and serial port.

Try right clicking the GUI icon, go to properties and set to Win 7 compatibility mode.

Be sure to check the cable by connecting the ST16 to your computer. You should be able to transfer files between them. If you can’t do that, try another cable until you find one that will. Then attempt connecting the H to the GUI with it. A non-data USB cable will act like you connect in Windows, but without the data lines it can’t recognize what is being connected.

Last edited:
Having trouble connecting typhoon h to my pc

Don't get me wrong here, Doom is quite the knowledge base, but, I ran into the same issue a few months back & had some very good solutions posted up that ended up getting solved.. here's the link to the post.. enjoy.. & good luck! .. you'll figure it out..

NW.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for linking to your earlier thread @NWSaint ! I remember reading it, but didn’t find it on a search (likely bad search parameter and couldn’t remember you as OP of that thread).

Reactions: NWSaint
Iam at a los i have tried all of thes step by step and tried uinstalling and installing gui several times. Is there a way to test if USB chip on drone is bad.

Not sure which version of the GUI you have downloaded. This is the latest version.

Still not available on the Yuneec website during their reconstruction.

Attachments

• TyphoonHGUISetup_ V1.2.13.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 4
Iam at a los i have tried all of thes step by step and tried uinstalling and installing gui several times. Is there a way to test if USB chip on drone is bad.
Does your USB Cable have a Typhoon H Tag on it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder