Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trying B&W on a sunrise..

Reaction score
What is the best way to get rid of the grainy effect that I have had going on no matter what light level with the TH?

Attachments

• YUN00002-01 (2).jpg
    YUN00002-01 (2).jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 13
If you mean that mottling in the sky, those are JPG artifacts... shoot in DNG, and you will not see that.

Also looking at your JPG, I would suggest that if you want a true B&W version, it would be best to convert whatever original file you are editing, into a true grayscale image... this will eliminate any residual color banding.

Last edited:
I am wondering more about the focus of the camera. The center looks sharp, but the farther you get from center the softer the focus gets.

Being that out of focus, I am operating under the assumption this was a deliberate artistic effect in post... but I could be incorrect.

That was a deliberate post effect, do you like it or does that not work? I'm new and trying to learn to be a better photographer. Thanks to you both! :)

IMHO, a bit heavy handed for my taste... but artistic interpretation is so individual... I have my doubts of whether Michelangelo would have appreciated Picasso... ;)

Reactions: DoomMeister
That was a deliberate post effect, do you like it or does that not work? I'm new and trying to learn to be a better photographer. Thanks to you both! :)

I agree with EEV that the effect was a little strong. A little more subtlety would have focused attention to the sunrise, without wondering why the edges were so fuzzy.

First and foremost, is the photo pleasing to you, and does it convey the message/moment you were capturing in your opinion?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval