Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E RID compliance

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a brand new drone pilot, and I have just purchased the H520E RTK for an undergrad research project. After completing my Remote Pilot Certificate I became aware of RID as a requirement. What is the best way to make my drone FAA-compliant regarding RID and external markings? Is it already compliant and transmitting an RID? If so how can I get that RID? Do I need to purchase a module for RID?

Your advice is greatly appreciated since the progress of my project depends on how soon I can start flying

Although they released a firmware update that supposedly turned on a RID broadcast there is nothing on this website UAS Declaration of Compliance listing any Yuneec aircraft. Since there is no Declaration of Compliance you will have to use a RID broadcast module. I suggest using the HolyStone RID broadcast module as it one of the cheapest on the market and has a built in battery that lasts for 5 hours per charge.

Although they released a firmware update that supposedly turned on a RID broadcast there is nothing on this website UAS Declaration of Compliance listing any Yuneec aircraft. Since there is no Declaration of Compliance you will have to use a RID broadcast module. I suggest using the HolyStone RID broadcast module as it one of the cheapest on the market and has a built in battery that lasts for 5 hours per charge.
Thanks so much for the info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fantacmet