Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Turtle/rabbit control moved drone backwards

Reaction score
Right out of the backpack, the TyH pro booted well and all connections were solid. 12/11 sats. Launch was uneventful, but, once in the air, 30 feet, it drifted a little, so, I knew I needed to calibrate compass soon after landing. I had a quick shot to do and I knew my surroundings so I stayed up and started the shot. Oddly, when I slid the proportional rate slider (speed control) to a slower speed, the drone actually moved backwards as if I was pushing the right stick down. All the other controls were normal. A little more concerned, I put the proportional slide back to where it was not affecting the drone, took the shots and landed. We moved to another location for different shot.

While the crew was doing other things I went off to the side to boot back up and give it another try before pulling out the spare. This time I got a rapid beep from the bird and a directive on the controller to calibrate compass, first time warning for this bird. I shut everything down, pulled the battery and then fired everything back up again x2. Same thing both times, rapid beeping, calibrate compass. It was close to sunset so I just packed it away.

I can calibrate, no problem, but I am now wondering if these two things are somehow related? I am suspecting they are not, but, any ideas on the Proportional Rate Slider going rogue on me?

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

GaDrone

It sounds as if you have mixed Channel Settings and need to clean the potentiometers on the sticks.

Is this a new Typhoon H from Yuneec, a factory refurb, or a used aircraft?

Refer to this Help thread for starters How To: Maintanence and Care of the ST-16.

Right out of the backpack, the TyH pro booted well and all connections were solid. 12/11 sats. Launch was uneventful, but, once in the air, 30 feet, it drifted a little, so, I knew I needed to calibrate compass soon after landing. I had a quick shot to do and I knew my surroundings so I stayed up and started the shot. Oddly, when I slid the proportional rate slider (speed control) to a slower speed, the drone actually moved backwards as if I was pushing the right stick down. All the other controls were normal. A little more concerned, I put the proportional slide back to where it was not affecting the drone, took the shots and landed. We moved to another location for different shot.

While the crew was doing other things I went off to the side to boot back up and give it another try before pulling out the spare. This time I got a rapid beep from the bird and a directive on the controller to calibrate compass, first time warning for this bird. I shut everything down, pulled the battery and then fired everything back up again x2. Same thing both times, rapid beeping, calibrate compass. It was close to sunset so I just packed it away.

I can calibrate, no problem, but I am now wondering if these two things are somehow related? I am suspecting they are not, but, any ideas on the Proportional Rate Slider going rogue on me?

GaDrone
You've got channel settings mixed. Do not fly this aircraft until you have sorted the channels out. The rapid beeps could be connected with this. Normally, you get rapid beeps if one of your sticks isn't centred on boot up. If your rate slider is, essentially, acting as a 'right stick down', then the controller is thinking that your right stick isn't centred...hence the rapid beep. The rapid beeps is the controller's way of telling you that something is wrong that requires immediate attention before a flight is attempted.

First you need to test the sticks and sliders in Hardware monitor. The rapid beeping is usually means the right stick is not centered. You can often get them to work by giving them a rapid "stir".

I also suggest you do a factory reset on the ST16

I will post links below to perform both.

Reactions: jcommstudios
It sounds as if you have mixed Channel Settings and need to clean the potentiometers on the sticks.

Is this a new Typhoon H from Yuneec, a factory refurb, or a used aircraft?

Refer to this Help thread for starters How To: Maintanence and Care of the ST-16.
Thanks for the Maintenance link. Used aircraft, probably 60 uneventful flights, other than the characteristic tip or two, I' ve learned my abort procedure!! haha
You've got channel settings mixed. Do not fly this aircraft until you have sorted the channels out. The rapid beeps could be connected with this. Normally, you get rapid beeps if one of your sticks isn't centred on boot up. If your rate slider is, essentially, acting as a 'right stick down', then the controller is thinking that your right stick isn't centred...hence the rapid beep. The rapid beeps is the controller's way of telling you that something is wrong that requires immediate attention before a flight is attempted.
Thanks, Keith. It has been grounded until I get this sorted out. I know I pushed the envelope when the slide was wonky. The rapid beeping did not happen until the second boot which I knew to be of more concern and did not launch. Really appreciate all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis