Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

twitchy controls

Reaction score
Hi there all . I have had my H for about two weeks and I have about 5 flights ... I have the st-10 blade which is steady as a rock and the controls are great ,,,, the st-16 is really touchy even in its lowest settings and if I move the control to the right just slightly it will go left and the drone itself tends to wonder with 6 feet roughly ,,,,, am I doing some thing wrong ... any input is welcome

cheers

Lower the rabbit towards turtle on the right hand slider, if that doesn't help, you may need to just get used to the sticks after all, it's a hexta, not a quad !;) Fly safely !

The H is much faster than the Q and reacts much faster. So I think you have to get used to it.

thanks guys I have it turned it down as fair as it can and I practice 100 miles from any one till I get use to it .... it is great

Archie I'm glad your happy with your Blade. This is the TH which has some differences. It is dual GPS controlled, this help keep it from the dreaded flyaway. Every input you make is going against the TH GPS locks. So there is a millisecond delay between input at the controller and execution of the aircraft..The gyro is trying to keep it level. Now some call this twitchy, I call it responsive with a fail safe element. Hope this helps. Fly safe.

I thank you all .. its nice to get a straight honest answer .. we have the hump back whales coming up our coast at the moment,, so I hope ( truly hope ) I get some great footage and don't lose the h

Hi there all . I have had my H for about two weeks and I have about 5 flights ... I have the st-10 blade which is steady as a rock and the controls are great ,,,, the st-16 is really touchy even in its lowest settings and if I move the control to the right just slightly it will go left and the drone itself tends to wonder with 6 feet roughly ,,,,, am I doing some thing wrong ... any input is welcome

cheers

It depends. You're not doing anything wrong. My first "H" was rock solid, identical to a DJI Phantom or Inspire. My replacement "H" is rock solid... when it wants to be. What I mean by that is the following:

- If your Typhoon H is in the air on a non-windy day & you have GPS lock and you are not touching the controls, it should remain perfectly still in place (it may wander a foot in either direction).

- Now, if you push the right stick to the right, the Typhoon will fly to the right. Release the stick and it should stop and hover. However, my replacement "H" tends to (now and then) just drift when I release the stick. It's as if upon releasing the stick it also shuts off the GPS lock.

It does not do the above every single time which is the odd thing.

To correct this problem, normally an IMU followed by a compass calibration would fix it. Not in my case. I just know to watch for it and be ready on the sticks to stop any wandering.

cheers
D.C. Is right I got mine the end of May and right away noticed that she was a bit jumpy.lowering the throttle and feathering the sticks is all you can do. Now I'm able to control the H much smoother after many,many flights. Congrats on your new H.

That doesn't sound right to me, I would say your asking for trouble flying that way,for filming? Don't do It Archie, not good advice for a new H pilot.

Correct. For Newbies or those who need to feather the controls on the ST16.... DO NOT TURN OFF GPS!

I'm guessing that the reason the "turning off the GPS" was suggested for smooth flight is that, you will actually get "smooth flight", except when you move left or right and release the controls, the Typhoon will just keep drifting with the wind smoothly into a nearby tree or house.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Correct. For Newbies or those who need to feather the controls on the ST16.... DO NOT TURN OFF GPS!

I'm guessing that the reason the "turning off the GPS" was suggested for smooth flight is that, you will actually get "smooth flight", except when you move left or right and release the controls, the Typhoon will just keep drifting with the wind smoothly into a nearby tree or house.
For Newbie correct, but for experienced pilots on the P3/4 you definitely would know it will not hold position itself without GPS, but they do fly much smoother front/back and when turning left/right also. ideal for a experienced pilot/cinematographer, not for new pilots for sure!;)

Exactly my point, with your explanation. And don't forget that you can also take the H to very high speeds that would require an experienced pilot to handle.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I thank you all .. its nice to get a straight honest answer .. we have the hump back whales coming up our coast at the moment,, so I hope ( truly hope ) I get some great footage and don't lose the h
Where are you at? We also have the whales now.

Mickey, this sounds lame, but I have never even looked or tried, How do you turn off GPS, In settings? I have flown my DJI's without GPS, but not the H
On your ST16 screen on the far right is the GPS calibration icon. Tap on the icon and it opens up with several calibration options. One of which is GPS on or off. Select off to fly in what is considered by Yuneec as Manual mode. I would only suggest doing so if you have considerable experience with flying RC craft manually. It is not a setting for beginners. The H is in fact very twitchy when inputting any craft movement via the sticks. This is known as "DeadBand". I explored all currently available options to overcome this stick input deadband. Going into the H expo setting and adjusting various available parameters could not alleviate the issue. Yuneec hopefully will address this in the future.

Reactions: DroneClone
On your ST16 screen on the far right is the GPS calibration icon. Tap on the icon and it opens up with several calibration options. One of which is GPS on or off. Select off to fly in what is considered by Yuneec as Manual mode. I would only suggest doing so if you have considerable experience with flying RC craft manually. It is not a setting for beginners. The H is in fact very twitchy when inputting any craft movement via the sticks. This is known as "DeadBand". I explored all currently available options to overcome this stick input deadband. Going into the H expo setting and adjusting various available parameters could not alleviate the issue. Yuneec hopefully will address this in the future.
Thanks, I have flown non gps platforms, so don't see a issue. My main desire is to verify that it will indeed fly much smoother for aerial photography.:)

all great responses ... I have decided the best action will be to recalibrate one more time and just practice ..

I truly appreciate all the input 10 flights .. no near misses .. I think I am judging the H to my blade
thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval