Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typh H FC board and mainboard swap out?

Reaction score
I have another odd question for the gurus here... So, I figured out my no Pan Tilt issue, I had used my original typhoon H Flight control board (smaller board on top of mainboard) when I changed out my Mainboard because of a bad ESC. I thought that since it was already bound and updated it would make no difference and retain my settings. Any one have any experience trying the original FC that came with the H when installing a new main Power Distribution board?

MY RESULTS--
When I changed my old FC out for the new FC that came with the new PDB I regained Pan and tilt functions. I switched it out and did not need to install any updates or rebind either. I just removed the FC, swapped out and was ready to go. Does this mean the updates and bind info are stored in the mainboard? I was thinking they were two separate units with the FC board as the brains of the operation... I am trying to figure out if it was a bad FC or if they have to be put in together as a "unit".

I had another odd occurrence tonight that inspired me to change it. I went to go fly a battery, and did not notice that the back left motor did/would not arm, no 5 motor warning, so on takeoff, she flipped and chipped a few props. I am thinking "oh crap, now a bad esc" on top of the no pan tilt with this new Main board... I could not find a loose connection on the motor, and blue led on esc lit up no problem, so figured why not 30 second swap, I am in here what the heck try swap FC, and sure enough everything worked again. I was really surprised. So it is either the FC was bad (which would explain my original hard bump disconnect RTL flyaway), or they cannot be swapped... I also had a bad motor warning a few days ago, looked like my front right motor that time..., thought it was a fluke...

My experience is more with the old APM 2 FC, and those were independent units that I mounted to the PDB, You could plug and play the board into a same body type, made backup builds a breeze, saved bucks by building 3 clone drones and only 1 controller RX to swap out :) so I assumed similar setup... *** U ME d :) But considering all I have been through, I will take this as a total win...

either the FC was bad (which would explain my original hard bump disconnect RTL flyaway), or they cannot be swapped.
I would lean toward a bad FC. I have never heard of any pairing or binding procedure in changing the FC. If I were to do so, I think I would check it in the GUI to make sure everything passed the tests.

Glad you sorted it out! Multiple problems can sometimes manifest itself in this way, and be a real bear to troubleshoot.
Good job!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval