Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon drone firmware update help

Reaction score
I am trying to update the firmware on the drone, I've already completed the firmware on the controller I just cant get the firmware updated on the drone. I downloaded the firmware from the Yuneec website and transferred it to the SD card, then I put that into the cameras SD slot then I power on the controller and drone. I went to about controller and under where it says "Aircraft" I tapped the Update button and a message comes up saying "7 mHandlerGetVersionInSDcard HTTP connect response is failed! resultCode=80002" I'm not sure why this happened and what I am doing wrong

The file you transferred to the sd card, did it end with .yuneec or .zip?
Well I opened the SD card file up and the firmware for the drone's name is "TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin and the type just says BIN File. Is that what you were asking for?

Sorry, I mis-read. I was thinking about the firmware for st16. That is the correct file for the drone.

Have you tried the over the air update? You can put a blank sd card in the H and the attempt to update drone from the st16 and it will say it could not find the file and then offer you a wifi connection so you can connect and download online.

Have you tried the over the air update? You can put a blank sd card in the H and the attempt to update drone from the st16 and it will say it could not find the file and then offer you a wifi connection so you can connect and download online.
okay ill try it, and I already have the tablet connected to my wifi at home so what do I do after I try to update the drone and it tells me the file cannot be found?

It will either connect to your wifi and download it or it will ask you to connect to a wifi source, then download it.

One more time for people that don't effectively use the search function or watch videos.

After updating both the -16 and the aircraft it is common for the -16 not to "see" the auto pilot update. Stop trying to refresh the bind page. Put the ST-16 into "Team" mode then return to System Settings>Bind>Refresh and the auto pilot file will become visible, along with the ST-16 file. Select both files at the same time and hit Bind. If you don't know how to put the -16 in Team mode, read the Quick Start Guide.

I have written this far too many times. Will someone put it in with the Stickies please?

Last edited:
One more time for people that don't effectively use the search function or watch videos.

After updating both the -16 and the aircraft it is common for the -16 not to "see" the auto pilot update. Stop trying to refresh the bind page. Put the ST-16 into "Team" mode then return to System Settings>Bind>Refresh and the auto pilot file will become visible, along with the ST-16 file. Select both files at the same time and hit Bind. If you don't know how to put the -16 in Team mode, read the Quick Start Guide.

I have written this far too many times. Will someone put it in with the Stickies please?
I was following along with a video that was done by CAPTAIN DRONE on YouTube about how to update my typhoon H's firmware and I had inserted the SD card into the gimbal with only the drone firmware and it gave me that message I typed above, I just didn't know what went wrong so I asked in the forums and that guy above told me about updating "over the air" which I didn't know about and it all worked out

Hi,
before updating the drone yuneec typhoon H 480, everything was fine and everything worked , when updating it showed an error on the monitor screen resultCode = 80002, after update the camera overestimated in one place, without movement and stabilization, only shows the image, what should I do?

tried to update drone, shows error again

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss