Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon G ? Q500 4K??

Reaction score
Hi, I have been a member of the forum for maybe a little over a month and have been trolling thread to gather knowledge and want to say that this is a great forum for someone like me that is new to this hobby. Thank you all...

I a few months back I purchased a used Yuneec Typhoon on-line and the seller advertised it as a Q500 4k that I was able to get at a what I felt was a good deal at the time. I was recently doing a firmware update to the ST10+ transmitter and checking the firmware version of the drone when I discovered that the product label on the underside of the craft identified the drone as a Typhoon G and not a Q-500. A closer inspection reveled that the seller had removed the "G" decal on the body to further his deception.

My question to the forum is what is the difference between the Typhoon G and the Q500 4k? Mine does have the CGO3 camera/gimbal set up and I have been unable to locate anything on line that tells me the differences.

Did I get completely scammed or is the "G" similar in capabilities to the Q500?

I appreciate any information that you could provide.

Caveat emptor. Is there a serial number on the aircraft? If so, you could contact Yuneec and they would be able to tell you for sure what model aircraft you have.

The H, if I remember right, was for attaching a GoPro camera. In my opinion it is the same as the Q500, but without the 4K camera and with all connections for it.

There is no difference between the two models other then the gimble. Typhoon G was for the GoPro camera. You can switch the cameras back and forth on any Q500 series

Thank you for all of your responses... I jumped the gun on putting the post up and found information afterward that you all just confirmed. The G is the same drone just came with gimbal setup for a go-pro camera. Thank you all again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval