Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H 3D camera mount while still using CGO3?

Reaction score
I have been using my Typhoon H with RealSense to lift my VUZE+ 3D/360 camera, by using a spare CGO3 mount that I attached a 1/4-20 bolt to. I mount this instead of the CGO3.
It works well enough, but I'd love to have the CGO3 attached and get all the telemetry/communication, as well as be able to see in real time what I'm flying over, while still having the VUZE below the CGO3.
I haven't found any commercially available mounts that would work.
I'm thinking if I use stronger and longer anti-drop rods through all four of the corners of the CGO3 mounting plates, then suspend a third plate well below the CGO3 using the long rods, then just mount a 1/4-20 rod on the lower plate. See diagram below. [Can you tell I'm not a professional graphic artist :rolleyes: ?]
The VUZE and its case weigh about 650 grams, BTW.
Does this sound reasonable?
Is there a better solution to carrying both cameras?
Will the drone be able to lift the excess weight?
Thanks in advance for any critiques/ideas!VUZE Typhoon mount idea.jpg

I use these on my Typhoon H with the GoPro MAX and Fusion however any camera will work as long as it has a 1/4" 20 or GoPro style mount. Check eBay under Typhoon H Mount

Last edited:
Reactions: Nesher
I use these on my Typhoon H with the GoPro MAX and Fusion however any camera will work as long as it has a 1/4" 20 or GoPro style mount. Check eBay under Typhoon H Mount
The bottom mount might just work; I am worried about having that much weight that far off the center of gravity vertical axis.
Thanks for the tip!

I use with Fusion and MAX all the time never had an issue thats about 270g or 170g

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal