Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H case -$65 (with a little elbow grease)

Reaction score
I was walking through Sears Friday and came across a display of Luggage on special, more particularly Bloomberg Kodiak Hardside 24' spinner size looked right so I pulled out the giftcard my brother got me for Christmas and brought it home.

Tools (the ice pick worked better than the drill for making the holes in the factory foam case)

Tools.jpg

Use the rails for the handle and 14" zip ties to secure the lid and extra pouch
IMG_20170107_121601509.jpg

IMG_20170107_120406774.jpg

IMG_20170107_120510257.jpg

IMG_20170107_120418282.jpg

I put tape over the factory foam to keep the ties from cutting into the foam.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE ZIP TIES AS THEY WILL KEEP THE HANDLE FROM DEPLOYING EASILY WHEN ROLLING!!!!
IMG_20170107_122543746.jpg

next remove the straps used for storing loose articles and cut the webbing so the bottom of the foam case will fit
IMG_20170107_122629126.jpg

IMG_20170107_122617293.jpg

optional last step, hot glue the webbing to the side of the foam base to make a secure compartment.
hotglue2.jpg

hotglue1.jpg

Viola!
fini1.jpg

Reactions: wedbster
Nice find and good work! Where did the foam come from? It looks different than the foam in the backpack that came with the H Pro.

So it doesn't specify, but will this case fit within the carry on size restrictions for airlines?

Ordered, plus I ordered the foam insert from a Pelican 1620 case for $71 on Amazon. Will able to build a custom hard case that
should be able to accommodate the Typhoon with props on and possibly an extra compartment for 2nd CGO3+ for $140. :)

Thank que!

So it doesn't specify, but will this case fit within the carry on size restrictions for airlines?

Just ordered it SoCal, The dimensions are 18.15 x 11.05 x 26.8

Okay, that is too big for carry on. Thanks for the info. :)

Ordered, plus I ordered the foam insert from a Pelican 1620 case for $71 on Amazon. Will able to build a custom hard case that
should be able to accommodate the Typhoon with props on and possibly an extra compartment for 2nd CGO3+ for $140. :)

Thank que!
How did the foam insert work out for you? do you remember which company on Amazon it came from?

How did the foam insert work out for you? do you remember which company on Amazon it came from?

The case was about an inch too small in both length and width... but being foam, I was able to
squish the insert in to fit... ;)

If I remember, I think at the time I got the best price from B&H Photo in Nuw Yauk... noted it
because the last time I had gotten equipment from B&H, I was getting a Nikon FM2 Body and
motor drive... only 20 years ago in 1997... o_O

The case was about an inch too small in both length and width... but being foam, I was able to
squish the insert in to fit... ;)

If I remember, I think at the time I got the best price from B&H Photo in Nuw Yauk... noted it
because the last time I had gotten equipment from B&H, I was getting a Nikon FM2 Body and
motor drive... only 20 years ago in 1997... o_O
I searched and could not find it there anymore. I'll keep looking. I have a Pelican 1620 case with an insert I made but was looking for something a little better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis