Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CG03+ Bottom Dampening Plate

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the group. I had my first impact with an immovable object, and broke the bottom dampening plate for my camera. It does not appear that it can be swapped out without re-soldering.

I just want verify this is the case or is there a workaround, since the attached wiring board will not fit through the hole.

Thank you for any help,

I am a little confused. Desoldering the wires at the contact plate will not help with replacing either the top or bottom damper plates. Desoldering anywhere else would be something of a disaster.
I assume by bottom dampening plate you mean the plate that is attached to the motor. Is that correct?
I also assume the issue is getting the slip ring out. That is basically This can be done by removing the six wire pins from the gimbal board connector. It's a LOT easier to get stuff out of the way. I recommend using the general guidance in CGo3+ Slip Ring Replacement.pdf.

Small note. The guidance uses cellophane tape to hold stuff out of the way. Rubber bands work a whole lot better.

BIG NOTE!! The motor has four screws holding it in. Mark the motor somehow to ensure the motor screws are aligned to the same mount holes after the swap. (I use a short screw without a head on it to identify the left front hole.) If you don't mark the alignment prior to removing the screws, the chances are only 1 out of four that the camera will point straight ahead after swapping the damper plate. (In other words, if it points to the rear or either side after repair, the top motor is in the wrong holes.)

Edit: Removed bad information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi,

New to the group. I had my first impact with an immovable object, and broke the bottom dampening plate for my camera. It does not appear that it can be swapped out without re-soldering.

I just want verify this is the case or is there a workaround, since the attached wiring board will not fit through the hole.

Thank you for any help,
Very warm welcome @Dennis W to the forum Hope that you get what you are looking for

Reactions: WTFDproject
It's the slip ring plate according to the PDF. The little grey cylinder. The actual part is Camera Bottom Mount Plate YUNCGO3P116SVC

Attachments

• bottom dampener.jpeg
    bottom dampener.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
It's the slip ring plate according to the PDF. The little grey cylinder. The actual part is Camera Bottom Mount Plate YUNCGO3P116SVC
I take it back. Yes, you can desolder the contact board to change it out. But it's still either remove from the top via desolder the board or remove from the bottom by unpinning the connector.

The blue wire appears to have the wire broken inside the blue insulation.
The blue and red wires are functionally in parallel when everything is assembled. They are soldered together on the top end at the contact board. They are connected by tracing on the gimbal board when the slip ring is plugged in to the gimbal board. If only one is providing power the system will work normally for some amount of time, but the slip ring will eventually burn out the ring associated with the wire that is carrying the load.
You can use a multimeter to check each side of the apparent break when unsoldered from the contact board, unplugged from the gimbal board, or both.
You can also "sort of" check by tugging on the two sides of the apparent break to see if the insulation pulls apart.
blue wire.jpg

Last edited:
Going to need a new base and new dampeners. Can’t you simply unscrew the 4 screws and pull through?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook