Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CG03+ Video

Mr. Brian I watched your video and I did not see any flickering effect. Perhaps your connection to youtube you are seeing this?

Mr. Brian I watched your video and I did not see any flickering effect. Perhaps your connection to youtube you are seeing this?

No I see it in the local video even more but if you watch the grass bushes etc they change color, at first I though it was lights from the H blink into the lens but they dont blink! Its kind of like a pulsing effect but I can see it even on the youtube video LOL I dont knwo maybe I am having mini stokes :)

I can't see any pulsing.

Could it be your monitor?

LOL maybe :) I shot another video in the backyard and its not there, so no clue the weather we flew in was very damp and chilly-

I can see it and its disturbing going to put new props on that's about all I can do.. thanks for checking it out

Brian, I watched it thru twice and couldn't see it. But then, I'm old. lol

Have you got another computer or monitor to watch it on?
No just the one, but the second video after the sun came out is not showing it So i dont know what to think I guess i should put it on google drive so you can dl it and see maybe that will help, this is a jpg of the weather

Link to DL raw video https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwExR76tdJrZd0hEaVFRZE5nY2M

Attachments

• YUN00003.jpg
    YUN00003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • YUN00005.jpg
    YUN00005.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Maybe Mr. Brian has better computer than we do and he see's many more things LOL

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Sorry Brian,
I do not see anything either.
You been hitting the drone juice again?
Maybe check the refresh rate setting on your monitor at home.

Sorry Brian,
I do not see anything either.
You been hitting the drone juice again?
Maybe check the refresh rate setting on your monitor at home.

I did all that even set the normal to be multimedia whats weird is the backyard video doesn't have the issue, it could be rapid focus from lack of light, I dont know but its in both videos but not the third LOL No drone juice while flying :) Its so there especially on the left hand side of the second video it almost looks like buffering! Was just out stretching my wings anyway so I not losing anything but brain cells trying to figure it out -- Maybe I should have a drink and it will go away?

It's the refresh rate of your monitor. Watch on a good 1080i screen and see what you have. Don't forget you will have color shift that can produce this affect when the sensor can't figure out which light to follow. This is very common with blue sky against green fields and depends if you are tilted towards field or sky. I see a lot of people carrying on about GoPro vs CGO and GoPro cameras color shift way too much.The ability to control all the camera settings from the ST16 is very important for set up shots. Once you understand how the Android screen looks versus true HD in post you will realize that if things look a little underexposed on the ST16 it's actually pretty color accurate. The histogram feature really really helps and I'm enjoying perfecting my eye relative to all the ISO, EVO and shutter speed variables to create really cool looks.
Remember... it's not an SLR. Never will be. We all want film quality on video budgets. The TH is capable of delivering quality HD commercially viable content that looks really great on today's HD devices. That's what makes it way above most camera drones as it's capability for shooting planned video shots is as open as your skill levels and imagination.

It's the refresh rate of your monitor. Watch on a good 1080i screen and see what you have. Don't forget you will have color shift that can produce this affect when the sensor can't figure out which light to follow. This is very common with blue sky against green fields and depends if you are tilted towards field or sky. I see a lot of people carrying on about GoPro vs CGO and GoPro cameras color shift way too much.The ability to control all the camera settings from the ST16 is very important for set up shots. Once you understand how the Android screen looks versus true HD in post you will realize that if things look a little underexposed on the ST16 it's actually pretty color accurate. The histogram feature really really helps and I'm enjoying perfecting my eye relative to all the ISO, EVO and shutter speed variables to create really cool looks.
Remember... it's not an SLR. Never will be. We all want film quality on video budgets. The TH is capable of delivering quality HD commercially viable content that looks really great on today's HD devices. That's what makes it way above most camera drones as it's capability for shooting planned video shots is as open as your skill levels and imagination.

Actually I have an update! Its not the monitor I was shooting in auto white and auto exposure -- I just went out and shot in fixed wb and exposure and the weirdness is gone! So I am glad its not my gear, (thank you for the above information as well) .. so mystery solved for now LOL I went back and looked at my early auto everything videos and if the lighting was odd that effect is there-- I had Richard Gilmore look at yesterdays video he saw it immediately -- and he gets it over there on days where the light is weird so, and I know LOL MY BAD on the auto mode :) I am just glad its fixed -- thanks everyone for their input and help..

And I should not say its not my monitor as well, your right, on some points - I have a pretty good Monitor -- But all of the events coming together I think is the mystery, blue sky green/brown terrain and auto settings etc..

And I should not say its not my monitor as well, your right, on some points - I have a pretty good Monitor -- But all of the events coming together I think is the mystery, blue sky green/brown terrain and auto settings etc..
Try getting an auto you like and then hit the lock button. That is an easy way to get less shifting without messing with any camera controls. The sunset setting locked down works well in the early and late hours. Tonight in trying for the moon rise.

Try getting an auto you like and then hit the lock button. That is an easy way to get less shifting without messing with any camera controls. The sunset setting locked down works well in the early and late hours. Tonight in trying for the moon rise.

Yeah Thats the process I was not doing -- :) the moon thing is tonight?

Question just went out and tested higher res, had the white balance locked - Not exposure locked on this fight, but I killed video took some still and then went back to video, do I have to reset and re lock video settings when switching back and forth?

Yeah Thats the process I was not doing -- :) the moon thing is tonight?
It's the set in the am for the biggest view in since 1948. Tonight and tomorrow rise will be large also. My experience has been the video settings carry over to camera to some degree. This is where the histogram really helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval