Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H crash video on YouTube

I'd be a bit suspicious about the "choppy video" claim as well to be honest, there's no particular reason for the video file to have become corrupt because of a power failure. It's either recorded or it's not.

Going back to the beginning of this thread - I have NEVER had a Low Battery Warning. I think the Warnings are set WAY too Low. The H needs to be on the ground at 14.7 Volts. Anything less than that is pushing your luck.
I agree. When I see 14.8 I'm getting ready to land.

A little too generous methinks. Kinda ticks me off that they apologised for his inconvenience. That just sends a message you can be irresponsible and get your bird fixed.
Yah, that's why I said it was pretty good of them .

Other company would not be as customers device oriented.

I foresee in a year when their next product is release, they'll be slowly scaling back on their generosity, since, they're still a young company trying to acquire a customer base.

I know how to fly, so I cost them less and I Ike their stuff.

If someone who is new to the hobby, they'd cost yuneec more money, the satisfaction money.

I on the other hand is satisfied with my stuff, if it breaks because of me, then I know it's my fault. Ya know?

Like taking off in smart mode.

Sorry I'm just calling everyone out. Love y'all.

I know one thing I'm not posting for you guys to analyze. You're brutal. But you're probably right also. This guy doesn't want to take responsibility at all. If he had gotten away with it we would probably be seeing new faa regs coming. Common sense isn't that common any more. This is the best site with the best members. Fly safe.

I'd be a bit suspicious about the "choppy video" claim as well to be honest, there's no particular reason for the video file to have become corrupt because of a power failure. It's either recorded or it's not.
From experience from my unexpected fall from the sky with low battery, the Typhoon ceased to record the final seconds of the crash. Then again, the file is not complete and one must repower on the H to have the video file closed off which could delete the final portion. This only applies to the end of the vid. Start and middle sections should remain intact.

This guy states that the day before he had a full loss of power at 1st warning while only a foot above the ground. So the next day, he takes it over the Mississippi River right at the point of 1st warning!!!??? Really!!!??? My H would be hovering 5 feet off the ground for every flight until I determined the problem or collected enough data for tech support.

I try to head for base at 10 minutes or 15v. His incident just reinforces that routine for me.

Just because he got an RMA doesn't mean they won't charge him for repair. They will surely look at the logs.

To refresh my memory, I tested RTH again. The landing gear definitely does not go down until the copter reaches the landing coordinates. So when the guy says:

I switch "return to home" but soon after I lost communications with the drone (I watched the landing gear come down and it started heading "HOME").
He's either delusional or telling a little fibber.

Don't know if you were asking me about telemetry program. I would like to know what people use for that as well. As for the video files, I was not able to fix the time issue. The time stamp is still off about 5 hours to early than when I shoot the video.

There are a couple of options for using the telemetry data.

It can be converted and loaded into dashware and synced to your actual video for instance, giving you a superimposed array of guages showing whichever data you care to include. Like altitude, speed, distance etc.

I came across a great little app yesterday called FlightLog2Kml

It was done in german but he has an english version complete with manual.

It helps analyse the data and explains most if the codes in it as well as allowing you to save in the different formats to be used in google earth or dashware amongst others.

I have used it on my pc so know it works on Windows 10, don't know about other platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430