Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H fell out of the sky..

Reaction score
My Typhoon H went dead on me this morning. After initializing and verifying availability of GPS satellites (there were 14), I took off in angle mood. It got up to 25 ft. and the motors stopped. When I picked it up, I pressed the power button but it was dead. I pulled the battery and it was still firmly seated. I charged the battery 2 days ago. Damage is to 2 arms, landing gear, camera and portion of upper cover where the arms pivot. I called Yuneec when I got home and they will be sending me a shipping label for return. I read on another forum that this is not an unheard of occurrence. Anyone else had this happen to them? This was probably about my 30th flight. All my flights have been short distance, using it as a camera platform. I purchased the drone in June so it is just short to 6 months old.

Bob,
Sorry to hear you misfortune. When the H first came out, we lost a couple due to the battery not being "CLICKED" into place. I have heard a few other horror stories of them doing just as you described.
You did the right thing by calling Yuneec.
Also be aware we have a forum just for the Typhoon H. Your post here is fine. but have a look here as well: Typhoon H Help or Typhoon H Discussion
Enjoy the forums.

Bob

Bob,
Sorry to hear you misfortune. When the H first came out, we lost a couple due to the battery not being "CLICKED" into place. I have heard a few other horror stories of them doing just as you described.
You did the right thing by calling Yuneec.
Also be aware we have a forum just for the Typhoon H. Your post here is fine. but have a look here as well: Typhoon H Help or Typhoon H Discussion
Enjoy the forums.

Bob
thanks BobW55. I distinctly remember hearing the battery "click" on installation. As I noted, when I removed the battery, it was still firmly seated.

Mine has been nothing but trouble with defective motors replaced, failed remote controller. I am starting to think Yuneec is junk! The DJI phantoms are not as unreliable from what drone shops tell me.

Reactions: harleyryder
My Typhoon H went dead on me this morning. After initializing and verifying availability of GPS satellites (there were 14), I took off in angle mood. It got up to 25 ft. and the motors stopped. When I picked it up, I pressed the power button but it was dead. I pulled the battery and it was still firmly seated. I charged the battery 2 days ago. Damage is to 2 arms, landing gear, camera and portion of upper cover where the arms pivot. I called Yuneec when I got home and they will be sending me a shipping label for return. I read on another forum that this is not an unheard of occurrence. Anyone else had this happen to them? This was probably about my 30th flight. All my flights have been short distance, using it as a camera platform. I purchased the drone in June so it is just short to 6 months old.
You may want to post your flight log. There are folks here that can help you interpret it.

Mine has been nothing but trouble with defective motors replaced, failed remote controller. I am starting to think Yuneec is junk! The DJI phantoms are not as unreliable from what drone shops tell me.

Did you get a Typhoon H?

Nope. I have a Q500 4k. Need to send it back again after learning they did not fix one of the motors correctly. The tolerances are 8.6 versus 8.4mm for the other motors. My next drone will be a DJI when I get the cash. The DJI do not have this defect.

Nope. I have a Q500 4k. Need to send it back again after learning they did not fix one of the motors correctly. The tolerances are 8.6 versus 8.4mm for the other motors. My next drone will be a DJI when I get the cash. The DJI do not have this defect.
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Got the UPS shipping label from Yuneec so I'm gonna ship it out today. Hope they fix it properly and don't take too long.

Update: Yuneec did the repairs under warranty and got it back to me in just under 3 weeks. Since getting it back, I noticed that it wont hold well in GPS mode, it wants to dart around short distances like about 1 or 2 feet. It says it sees as many as 20 satellites but I tried to do a compass calibration anyway. I don't think the calibrations (about 5 attempts) has been successful as it won't restart. It hovers nice and solid in angle mode. Anyone have similar experiences? Guess I should call Yuneec.

Update: Yuneec did the repairs under warranty and got it back to me in just under 3 weeks. Since getting it back, I noticed that it wont hold well in GPS mode, it wants to dart around short distances like about 1 or 2 feet. It says it sees as many as 20 satellites but I tried to do a compass calibration anyway. I don't think the calibrations (about 5 attempts) has been successful as it won't restart. It hovers nice and solid in angle mode. Anyone have similar experiences? Guess I should call Yuneec.
I would suggest deleting flight data, re-binding everything, doing accellerometer calibration, compass calibration and gimbal calibration.

Correction to my previous post. It won't hold well in Smart mode. Hovers well in angle mode but with GPS still enabled.

You may want to check and recalibrate your ST16 controller. You could have a one of the sticks that is not coming back to center. Easy to check and fix.

You may want to check and recalibrate your ST16 controller. You could have a one of the sticks that is not coming back to center. Easy to check and fix.
But why would it fly well in Angle mode but not Smart mode? If the sticks aren't recentering, wouldn't the Angle mode be affected?

I purchased a Typhoon H the end of July 2016. I have flown numerous flights at low altitudes as well as at the max height the Typhoon is allowed. I have had no issues and the unit has performed very well.
However I was flying this evening and about 20 minutes into the flight the Typhoon just started to fall. I noticed an object falling prior to the Typhoon dropping like a rock. It was the battery. Needless to say the camera is toast as well as the top casing cracked and to rotor arms broken. I found it interesting that this thread existed as this seems to be something that has happened to others.
If this happened to you how did you handle repairs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval