Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H maps, Pilot

Reaction score
Hi all

Have a question hoping to get an answer to the following, how and where do you save offline maps?,
none of the yuneec pilot programs seem to work or can be downloaded to the ST16 controller. Is google play blocked in this?

or is it the same with yuneec that you have a product in top condition but after a few years "you have to buy a new one" because all technical support seems to have disappeared.
Maybe you should be more customer friendly and make sure that you are not met with "Oops 404" on the website.
There are actually customers who care about their rather expensive toys and keep them in good condition.

I like the drone super and just got 4 new batterys shipped.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Regardes Kaj

The only reason Android is on the ST16 is to run the Flight Mode App and support the hardware it needs to operate. It is not a tablet and you should not try to install any other apps other than UAVToolbox. If you think about you are flying an aircraft with a dedicated controller. It would be a disaster if some app decided to update and reboot the controller. And apps can also interfere with the Flight Mode App.
There is a single 3rd party app that Yuneec has approved. That is UAVToolbox. It allows you to pre-program a flight using a pc or tablet with downloaded maps. You can find a lot of information by searching the forum for that app.

Hi thanl you for replay, yes I understand and do not try to use as a tablet, I just try to load some offline maps in to the controller
I have a lot of maps terrain, OSM, seacharts the only I can use is BING and vector? why not "real maps" and if possible what format to use, cant use any BING in search and rescue.

Regards Kaj

Hi thanl you for replay, yes I understand and do not try to use as a tablet, I just try to load some offline maps in to the controller
I have a lot of maps terrain, OSM, seacharts the only I can use is BING and vector? why not "real maps" and if possible what format to use, cant use any BING in search and rescue.

Regards Kaj
The Typhoon H was not produced for SAR capabilities or for mapping missions and the Flight Mode app does not have that functionality.

The H520 was designed for that and its software allows for downloading offline maps for use in performing grid searches/mapping missions.

Your other alternative is to use the H480 as an H920+ and use the mission planning built into the Flight Mode app for that model. The camera control built into that does not work to control the CGO3+ or CGO-ET camera during the mission.

The paid subscription to UAVToolbox does allow you to use the PC version of the mission planning software for the H520 to plan a mission and convert it to a CCC route that can be used by the H480, but the camera control is not fully functional for mapping (video does work, just not individual photos).

Happy and safe holidays to you @svanu

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop