Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H OR INSPIRE 1 ???

I posted the same message below on RCGROUPS.
I've always wanted an Inspire 1. The design appears to be something from a sci fi movie. But the high price tag was holding me back. Well after seeing that the price for a V1 has been significantly reduced to $1,550 with free expedited shipping at B&H, I went ahead and ordered it. The price was just too good to pass up plus I get no hassle return at B&H. This will be my first RTF DJI aircraft.
Last night, I was "test driving" the DJI go app and was very impressed by the amount of features it has. I really liked the mini map on the lower left side of the screen. This was another deciding factor in my buying decision. Anyway, the I1 would make a great addition to my growing fleet. I just recently purchased a Typhoon H and in love with it. Man, I need to stop buying and adding to my large collection when I don't even fly much.. lol Clearly, I have a serious addiction to flying machines.

De money, de money ! Even though it has gone down, buy batteries and accessaries and see the cost differences. Plus you will be getting a old version of what is and what will soon be! Nice machine by the way!:cool:

Reactions: eric bee
I posted the same message below on RCGROUPS.
I've always wanted an Inspire 1. The design appears to be something from a sci fi movie. But the high price tag was holding me back. Well after seeing that the price for a V1 has been significantly reduced to $1,550 with free expedited shipping at B&H, I went ahead and ordered it. The price was just too good to pass up plus I get no hassle return at B&H. This will be my first RTF DJI aircraft.
Last night, I was "test driving" the DJI go app and was very impressed by the amount of features it has. I really liked the mini map on the lower left side of the screen. This was another deciding factor in my buying decision. Anyway, the I1 would make a great addition to my growing fleet. I just recently purchased a Typhoon H and in love with it. Man, I need to stop buying and adding to my large collection when I don't even fly much.. lol Clearly, I have a serious addiction to flying machines.
I had the P3 Advanced and loved it. However I was an idiot and decided to fly it like a race drone and got it stuck in a tree at which time the biggest storm of last summer came through and it fried everything. !300$ for a month and a half of fun. I was sick but now am looking at getting another. I love flying drones. I love the controller for the H but the Inspire is a proven platform. They are both listed on the FAAs list of safe preapproved drones for commercial use. I dont know what to do.

De money, de money ! Even though it has gone down, buy batteries and accessaries and see the cost differences. Plus you will be getting a old version of what is and what will soon be! Nice machine by the way!:cool:
Not really an old version. The only thing they have changed is the camera , mount, and a 16% faster motor. Im good with the old camera although I might get the 2.0 to get the better motor and larger camera mount. Its 2k right now

Also you will be getting what is and what will soon be no matter what you buy. In a year all drones make vast improvments. Its like computers. Its impossible to have the latest and greatest for very long. This hobby is moving at lightening speed.

Reactions: DroneClone
I just bought an Inspire 1 to go along with my YTH and P3A. Curious to find out how it flies compared to the other two...

Atleast I can get batteries for it :)

YTH - charge the batteries, read the manual, do the compass calibration and fly, no further purchase or setting up needed. Also Yuneec has great customer service, though I haven't needed to use it.

If money was not an issue to consider, then get both! If you want portability and low cost then it is the Typhoon H. If you're into video quality and range of flight, then it's the Inspire 1.

Appearance is everything to me when it comes to drones. That is why I got both. YTH and Inspire 1 are the best and coolest looking drones on the market IMO. Their designs are simply straight out of a sci fi movie.

I could only afford 1 drone at over 1K so got the H. Since I can only afford one I wanted something that hopefully would hold up for awhile. The 6 rotor redundancy is what sold me. Hoping it never falls from the sky. Point is get what you want that you feel will be of the most use. if it is for fun I think the H would be better. The Inspire is more for work. If you can afford it, get both. i:)i

I like the Inspire looks wise. I think it is a bit too large and heavy but it is what it is. Not a bad drone in any way though.

The phantom series are ugly as sin! White, toy looking. I just don't want to fly that thing, it would be embarrassing. I hate the phone slapped on top like they do. I just dislike that controller so much. i:)i

Last edited:
Inspire 1 at the current price is a steal... great ac... 3rd party apps... proven quality bird. Win win

Reactions: QuadBart
Depends what you want to do--camera drones are now getting to the point there are differences for the application vs a one size fits all like the P2/P3 days.

i1 is good for speed. Otherwise there's a alot of cons to that setup, the X3 is somewhat trumped by the P4 imaging (same 12MP photos, P4 has better video compression & stabilization, X3 just slightly better dynamic range).

YTH is a little slower, but likely best in class video stabilization and a camera in between the P4 and X3 as its the same res/photo quality as a P4, but the video dynamic range has been above the P4 ad more like an i1 from recent posting of shots (and from my current trials on a YTH). Also so far I see team mode/dual operator on the YTH easier and more flexible than the i1.

Now my team also has a i1Pro/x5 and it's a minor improvement in flight quality, but the camera is easily a magnitude above all these hands down. We're considering retiring our GH4 octo unless we need the motor redundancy--which I hope Yuneec adds an X5 quality camera (Sony QX1 please!) to the H--we'd replace the octo and i1Pro in a heartbeat.

Reactions: QuadBart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval