Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H plus no take off

Reaction score
@Mike Halkin, are you sure, you didn't select in the menu the mode switch to be manual in the upper position instead of sport?
This switch should not prevent arming in angle mode. Here is night now. Tomorrow I'll check and write the result.
Ok, I think I disabled GPS in the service menu. To enter there, you need some kind of password.

Reaction score
On my controller, this soft switch is available without any password.

Reaction score
The soft GPS switch doing nothing. You can turn it off and you will see the OK sign but if you go out from the menu and go in again you will see that the switch is back to the on position.

The manual mode switch works as expected.

Reaction score
Speculative proposal. The controller is reprogrammed in some way and on a smart/sport mode position, you have a manual mode.

h-elsner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
А я думаю, зачем же два переключателя GPS?
I think the intention of Yuneec developer was to offer two different flight mode that PX4 Autopilot has:
- Altitude Mode: Without GPS support but keeps altitude on throttle stick, same as Angle Mode without GPS
- Stabilized Mode: Also without GPS but throttle stick is now really throttle. This could be called sports mode. If forward angle exceeds available power then the drone descends. This allows higher speed.

But at the end they probably decided to keep altitude mode and increase angle limitation a little bit and call this sports mode. H Plus has enough power reserve to do this and keep fun factor.
I tested both flight modes with my Typhoon H and there is a difference. But Typhoon H has less power reserve compared to H Plus.

br HE

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Reaction score
I think the intention of Yuneec developer was to offer two different flight mode that PX4 Autopilot has:
- Altitude Mode: Without GPS support but keeps altitude on throttle stick, same as Angle Mode without GPS
- Stabilized Mode: Also without GPS but throttle stick is now really throttle. This could be called sports mode. If forward angle exceeds available power then the drone descends. This allows higher speed.

But at the end they probably decided to keep altitude mode and increase angle limitation a little bit and call this sports mode. H Plus has enough power reserve to do this and keep fun factor.
I tested both flight modes with my Typhoon H and there is a difference. But Typhoon H has less power reserve compared to H Plus.

br HE
Tell me, is it possible to put the GPS module from Typhoon H instead of the GPS module Typhoon H plus? Thanks.

h-elsner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Why? According the flight logs GPS is OK. We got proper GPS fix and coordinates, altitude etc. Sensor healthy status says GPS OK too.

onboard_control_sensors_enabled: 3D_GYRO 3D_ACCEL 3D_MAG ABSOLUTE_PRESSURE GPS

br HE

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waderat1