Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus upgrade to 520e RTK

RPG

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea if the motherboard for a 520 e can be installed in the typhoon H+and I had the rtk package.
Leland

They are two different animals and the controllers are not compatible. The 520e uses the ST16e controller and the H+ uses the ST16S controller.

The communication systems are completely different between the two systems. The H+ uses the Zigbee RC communication and the 530e uses OFDM protocol.

Finally Someone knows what they're talking about. Thank you. Glad I signed up. Are there any good thermal cameras for the Plus?

Finally Someone knows what they're talking about. Thank you. Glad I signed up. Are there any good thermal cameras for the Plus?
Unfortunately there are no thermal cameras designed for the H+.

You can convert an H+ into an H520 by changing the Mainboard in the aircraft and converting the ST16S to H520 firmware/software. The original H520 uses a CGO-ET thermal camera and your C23 is the same as the E90 camera.

@WTFDproject can provide better particulars.

Unfortunately there are no thermal cameras designed for the H+.

You can convert an H+ into an H520 by changing the Mainboard in the aircraft and converting the ST16S to H520 firmware/software. The original H520 uses a CGO-ET thermal camera and your C23 is the same as the E90 camera.

@WTFDproject can provide better particulars.
Very helpful. Thanks

Very helpful. Thanks
If you do the conversion so you can use thermal imaging be sure you get the proper CGO-ET camera. There are two versions of it. One works with the H520 and the other is for the H480 (Typhoon H). They use different firmware and flashing the wrong firmware to the camera will brick it.

If you do the conversion so you can use thermal imaging be sure you get the proper CGO-ET camera. There are two versions of it. One works with the H520 and the other is for the H480 (Typhoon H). They use different firmware and flashing the wrong firmware to the camera will brick it.
Thanks

Interesting conversation.
Apologies for hijacking it :)
I have a H520 CGO-ET and a H with CGO-3+.
Just wondered if it was the same to upgrade the H main board with a H520 main board, then I would be able to use the CGO-ET and CGO-3+ cameras?

Interesting conversation.
Apologies for hijacking it :)
I have a H520 CGO-ET and a H with CGO-3+.
Just wondered if it was the same to upgrade the H main board with a H520 main board, then I would be able to use the CGO-ET and CGO-3+ cameras?
It's not practical for a couple of reasons:
1.) The H is physically much less compatible with the H520 than the H Plus discussed above. You would have to change so many things you would essentially be buying an H520 one piece at a time.
2.) If you installed the H520 main board, the CGo3+ will no longer work.

There are several choices for a thermal camera for the H520. The lowest resolution camera (and lowest cost) is the CGO-ET. It has a resolution of 160x120.
The E10T has a res of 320x256. The E10Tv is 640x512.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval