Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Props and balancing

Reaction score
I was talking to Steve Carr over on Facebook about this. How many of you have checked your prop balance? It seems that all of mine are heavy on the side that has the lettering and A or B on that side -- anyone else notice this.

Also i bought a little magnetic balance unit but I think I need a better one ??

After lift off, a plastic balanced prop will flex and bend ever so minutely! And then be off balance again! Useless to balance after every flight with plastic props! Now wood or aluminum in the old days was a necessity. So i'll save my $$$, But if it makes you feel better that is fine with me too!
Try this! balance all 6 props, lift off and hoover for 1 minute. Land and check balance them again, they will be off! So what's the use?:confused::rolleyes:

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
After lift off, a plastic balanced prop will flex and bend ever so minutely! And then be off balance again! Useless to balance after every flight with plastic props! Now wood or aluminum in the old days was a necessity. So i'll save my $$$, But if it makes you feel better that is fine with me too!
Try this! balance all 6 props, lift off and hoover for 1 minute. Land and check balance them again, they will be off! So what's the use?:confused::rolleyes:
good to know these are things I do not know , thats why I asked :)

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
Hey DC, I have not had that experience. Once I have them balanced they seem to stay that way. What I have found is the balancers have their own set of problems especially with very lightweight props such as those on the H. I found it impossible to balance with the DuBro because there is too much friction in the wheels. I finally mounted the prop in the middle of the balancing rod and suspended it between two water glasses. That allow it to turn freely. Using that method I have been able to balance exactly and the results are reproducible after flying.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
Hey DC, I have not had that experience. Once I have them balanced they seem to stay that way. What I have found is the balancers have their own set of problems especially with very lightweight props such as those on the H. I found it impossible to balance with the DuBro because there is too much friction in the wheels. I finally mounted the prop in the middle of the balancing rod and suspended it between two water glasses. That allow it to turn freely. Using that method I have been able to balance exactly and the results are reproducible after flying.

You have to be very careful with the glass method.

If the surface your glasses are sitting on isn't perfectly level, you won't get a good balance.

Try it sometime.

Ever so slightly, tilt the surface the glasses are sitting on just a very, very small amount and you will see the blades will act differently.
(I've done it and you can definitely see a difference on how the 'balanced' blades act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop