Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Quickly blinking blue lights... Help please

FLDirector19

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Today I went to attach the TH to my computer to verify a bad motor. When powering it on (in proper sequence,) the lights on the back blicked blue very quickly. I can’t seem to locate the sequence on the light diagnostic card.

What did I miss?

QUOTE="FLDirector19, post: 211224, member: 20966"]
Today I went to attach the TH to my computer to verify a bad motor. When powering it on (in proper sequence,) the lights on the back blicked blue very quickly. I can’t seem to locate the sequence on the light diagnostic card.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure which version drone you are asking about. You posted in the Typhoon H Forum, and you stated TH, but you mentioned 'LEDS" as if more than one blue light is flashing, which would make it a TH Plus. And I recall your first drone was a TH Plus.

For a Typhoon H:
The rear LED TH always blinks blue rapidly (about 3 blinks per second) if powered on before the controller, but the rear arm LEDs are red. That is normal.

For a Typhoon H Plus:
The rear arm LEDs always blink blue rapidly (about 3 blinks per second) if powered on before the controller. That is normal.

If the normal blue blinking is not what you are seeing, please confirm which model you have, and carefully describe which lights are blinking, and the pattern of the blinking.

Also, please note the TH GUI will not work with the TH Plus drone. There is no GUI for the TH Plus.

QUOTE="FLDirector19, post: 211224, member: 20966"]

Not sure which version drone you are asking about. You posted in the Typhoon H Forum, and you stated TH, but you mentioned 'LEDS" as if more than one blue light is flashing, which would make it a TH Plus. And I recall your first drone was a TH Plus.

For a Typhoon H:
The rear LED TH always blinks blue rapidly (about 3 blinks per second) if powered on before the controller, but the rear arm LEDs are red. That is normal.

For a Typhoon H Plus:
The rear arm LEDs always blink blue rapidly (about 3 blinks per second) if powered on before the controller. That is normal.

If the normal blue blinking is not what you are seeing, please confirm which model you have, and carefully describe which lights are blinking, and the pattern of the blinking.

Also, please note the TH GUI will not work with the TH Plus drone. There is no GUI for the TH Plus.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I have a Typhoon H Pro, not Plus.

The blinking blue light is the status light. It doesn’t just blink 3 times per second it is a constant Blinking.

All firmware and Yuneec apps are up to date.

Tom

Okay that helps knowing it is the Typhoon H (Pro w/RealSense). When the aircraft is powered on without the controller powered up the Main LED will constantly blink blue. This is normal as @WTFDproject posted above. I’m sure he did the same thing I did when I saw this thread, we checked your past posts and you stated in the beginning that you were a new old guy with an H+. Then later posts eluded to you having the Typhoon H (480). This left doubt so he posted info for both versions.

The blue flashing happens when the aircraft is not bound to the controller, so if the ST-16 is not powered up you will get the blue flashing.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Okay that helps knowing it is the Typhoon H (Pro w/RealSense). When the aircraft is powered on without the controller powered up the Main LED will constantly blink blue. This is normal as @WTFDproject posted above. I’m sure he did the same thing I did when I saw this thread, we checked your past posts and you stated in the beginning that you were a new old guy with an H+. Then later posts eluded to you having the Typhoon H (480). This left doubt so he posted info for both versions.

The blue flashing happens when the aircraft is not bound to the controller, so if the ST-16 is not powered up you will get the blue flashing.

Thanks. Does the controller need to be powered on to attach the TH to the computer/GUI?

That’s what I thought. I attached it to the computEr, it powered the TH on, the the rear led began blinking blue.

i have a TH pro the blue flashing rapidly can happen when the controller is not binded to the drone ,this can happen if you have selected a different model or tried to create a new model without copying from first model. try selecting a different model, or bind the camera again and the new model

My typhoon h is blinking a blue light on the main led and the light flashes about 3 blinks per second and it starts to blink right when I turn on the drone, and I have turned on the controller on before I turn on the aircraft.

My typhoon h is blinking a blue light on the main led and the light flashes about 3 blinks per second and it starts to blink right when I turn on the drone, and I have turned on the controller on before I turn on the aircraft.
This means the aircraft is not bound to the controller. This video should help.

Reactions: WTFDproject
This means the aircraft is not bound to the controller. This video should help.
That did help but when i try and bind the TH the main led doesn't stay the yellow color it switches between the blue and yellow and when i go to system settings the model doesn't appear on the screen

That did help but when i try and bind the TH the main led doesn't stay the yellow color it switches between the blue and yellow and when i go to system settings the model doesn't appear on the screen.
This one might need more than the normal level of information to determine the cause of failure. Please run the Typhoon H Binding Verification.pdf.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

This one might need more than the normal level of information to determine the cause of failure. Please run the Typhoon H Binding Verification.pdf.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
Thank you so much I was so confused on why it wasnt woking and that pdf helped a lot.

Thank you so much I was so confused on why it wasnt woking and that pdf helped a lot.
So are you able to bind the aircraft and camera to the controller now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval