Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H splashes in ocean

Thanks for posting. As a result of your experience I think I will adopt a flight safety procedure for flying over water. Has anyone ever used or implemented a floatation device for the t-h?

As I said the flotation devices I don't think will help over the sea if it goes down in the sea it's gone you have lost it or even if you retrieve it it's not going to be fixable unless it's a technical fault were it will be replaced under warranty

Reactions: lilj
The sea is pretty unforgiving but I'm sure that there are other bodies of water, such as an inland lake for example, where a float might help? Something maybe that would keep the electronics out of the water? Thoughts?

Yes i agree if it's over a lake I think you stand more of a chance for the flotation devices to work as intended

I fly over water quite a bit. I installed a recovery device caller "Getterback" onto the landing gear rail. It is not a device that will keep the H afloat but is a self-activating locator. It is basically a small float that pops out of the holder when it gets wet, it has a 100 foot line and will allow you to pull the H out of the water once you find the float. It was originally designed for fishermen who drop their rods into water to retrieve them. Haven't had to use it but it is a 15.00 piece of mind for when I fly.

WaterBack.jpg

Getterback.jpg

Looks like a great idea! I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the pictures.

I installed a recovery device caller "Getterback" onto the landing gear rail.
I use the same. It's all about recovering the aircraft as opposed to keeping it dry. The floats work as well which will keep it from sinking and give you time to retrieve it. More than likely it will be turned over and soaked, but at least you'll get it back.

I use the same. It's all about recovering the aircraft as opposed to keeping it dry. The floats work as well which will keep it from sinking and give you time to retrieve it. More than likely it will be turned over and soaked, but at least you'll get it back.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I am more concerned of a sudden loss of power followed by a plunge as we have seen some of the H's do. Figured I would at least have spare parts

I was thinking about a little pillow or cushion around the bottom of the fuselage to keep it up out of the water. Sparing the electronics? Thoughts?

Thanks for the link I just checked it out on YouTube. Definitely the perfect recovery device. But for flying over water it sure would be nice to have a little lifejacket fro the drone that would spare the electronics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis