Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H w/ Real Sense Dramatic Price Drop is a Kick in the Head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with that . cant wait till you pay 4000$ for your 520 and in 12 months they will say this is no longer a comercial product and we no longer support it . same diff ...

You only defend them because they are giving you products to test .

Good luck .

Good luck with that . cant wait till you pay 4000$ for your 520 and in 12 months they will say this is no longer a comercial product and we no longer support it . same diff ...

You only defend them because they are giving you products to test .

Nope, not paid. I took time off work to drive the couple of hours to the distributor to take a look at the new machine.

I seriously don't know what you expect from electronics. If the Typhoon H met your needs four weeks ago, nothing has stopped it from meeting your needs now. Over the last 18 months or so it's received regular updates, and the firmware is now significantly better than when it was first released. Basically it works as advertised. Yuneec have not stopped supporting it - they've just introduced a model above it which is exactly what you'd expect given the technology has improved since the H was launched. Do you get annoyed at Canon when they introduce a new camera?

Nope, not paid. I took time off work to drive the couple of hours to the distributor to take a look at the new machine.

I seriously don't know what you expect from electronics. If the Typhoon H met your needs four weeks ago, nothing has stopped it from meeting your needs now. Over the last 18 months or so it's received regular updates, and the firmware is now significantly better than when it was first released. Basically it works as advertised. Yuneec have not stopped supporting it - they've just introduced a model above it which is exactly what you'd expect given the technology has improved since the H was launched. Do you get annoyed at Canon when they introduce a new camera?
Your not following . your blinded .
This product has not been what was advertised from the begining . one it was asvertised to take professional photos .
( camera is blurry out of focus at edges )
It was advertised as being very stable platform .

It is not . is it very untrustworthy as all the gps and compass glitches .

Hince why they ditched there own platform .

I find the H to be an extremely stable platform in flight. Where imagery is concerned it provides one of the best stabilized gimbals available. Where flight stability is concerned I find it's quite stable. We should not confuse control function sensitivity with stability. I prefer an aircraft that performs more like a hare than a toad, which is an area some have issues with the H. because they are slow they expect the aircraft to respond similarly. One of my greatest disappointments with the H have been the firmware releases that have "de-tuned" the aircraft's control response from what it had been originally.

I had a fly away last year and Yuneec took care of the problem. No problems since with either of two H's. At a $1,200.00 price point I didn't expect perfection, and still don't. What I'm considering now at a $16,000.00+ price point does not achieve perfection either. In fact, the 520 incorporates much of what is available in the $16,000.00 rig, except for a higher end camera, ability to incorporate far more payloads, and flight controller flexibility in programming.

Those that have out of focus edges on their images can fix that by aligning the lens (centering it) a little better. Or complain to Yuneec and have them correct it. Or change out the original lens for a better one. I don't see where Yuneec has ditched anything, they simply introduced a commercial level rig for commercial level operators. The H is/was a bridge between hobby and low end (meaning "every and anybody" type) professional work. It still meets those needs quite well. It can fly a lot better than most of those flying it.

I find the H to be an extremely stable platform in flight. Where imagery is concerned it provides one of the best stabilized gimbals available. Where flight stability is concerned I find it's quite stable. We should not confuse control function sensitivity with stability. I prefer an aircraft that performs more like a hare than a toad, which is an area some have issues with the H. because they are slow they expect the aircraft to respond similarly. One of my greatest disappointments with the H have been the firmware releases that have "de-tuned" the aircraft's control response from what it had been originally.

I had a fly away last year and Yuneec took care of the problem. No problems since with either of two H's. At a $1,200.00 price point I didn't expect perfection, and still don't. What I'm considering now at a $16,000.00+ price point does not achieve perfection either. In fact, the 520 incorporates much of what is available in the $16,000.00 rig, except for a higher end camera, ability to incorporate far more payloads, and flight controller flexibility in programming.

Those that have out of focus edges on their images can fix that by aligning the lens (centering it) a little better. Or complain to Yuneec and have them correct it. Or change out the original lens for a better one. I don't see where Yuneec has ditched anything, they simply introduced a commercial level rig for commercial level operators. The H is/was a bridge between hobby and low end (meaning "every and anybody" type) professional work. It still meets those needs quite well. It can fly a lot better than most of those flying it.

all i can say is you don't value your money as much as i do . and your expectations of a finished product and claims is also different .
i don't expect to get less reliability and function than a cheap home phantom when we was promised so much more
out of the typhoon H .. they built it up to sound like it was a direct competitor for the phantom .... well there is no way this will happen
without the SDK in place .

no more development unless there is hacks made by others .

yuneec promised to fix the problems they caused with the glitchy playback in the st16 6 months ago .
they have not .

i mean many of the promise features for the H has been thrown into the 520 ... but thats besides the point .
finish the thing they started .. i paid 2000$ for it . if its only a hobby drone then they should understand
that 2000$ means much more to someone at home than the business user . if its a professional drone
then it should have the professional features and continued development.

WHERE IS THE PROMISED SDK !

either way . value is to each his own .

WHERE IS THE PROMISED SDK !

Let's slow it down a bit and stay civil.

Yuneec never promised an SDK for the Typhoon H, only for the H520. Some folks wanted to believe the TH was included but Yuneec never made such a promise. The actual SDK promise for the H520 is a reality.

i was told on the phone that the sdk was being developed when i asked them

Each person has there own right to feel how they do about a company and there products and i now feel decieved .
Guess i cant change that .

I have never flew or owned a dji but when choosing the h and it was claimed to be building into something to compete i did assume with all the major software updates that we would get some of the features if the phantom . **** the dji a home product has a sdk .

The h line can do nothing but die without a ecosystem of developers making it better .

Without apps and sdk there will be little hardware or software changes .

Anyways this conversation is not productive and ill leave it at that .

I wish you well .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval